The Student Room Group

Drop physics?

Hi there,

I've been thinking about this long and hard, and i'm a year 13 student hoping to go to university, preferably a top 30 university to study economics, I am doing Maths, Physics and Level 3 Diploma in Business,
I got a D* in business and predicted to get another D* next year, and achieved a B at AS maths, and physics is new spec.

I've done some research on entry requirements and majority of the universities i'm interested in would offer me a place provided I get Distinction/Distinction/Grade A at maths, so i was wondering about I may as well drop physics and just focus on getting an A in maths, rather than splitting my focus between maths and physics, as well as that if anything i believe it would lower my maths grade and i'll possibly end up with a C in physics anyways, however I feel like i would have wasted a year of doing physics, when i could of spent all that time possibly doing more maths revision and maybe of got an A who knows? But my point being, in my case would it be best for me to just drop it and focus on maths, or continue it?
Original post by bhfn
Hi there,

I've been thinking about this long and hard, and i'm a year 13 student hoping to go to university, preferably a top 30 university to study economics, I am doing Maths, Physics and Level 3 Diploma in Business,
I got a D* in business and predicted to get another D* next year, and achieved a B at AS maths, and physics is new spec.

I've done some research on entry requirements and majority of the universities i'm interested in would offer me a place provided I get Distinction/Distinction/Grade A at maths, so i was wondering about I may as well drop physics and just focus on getting an A in maths, rather than splitting my focus between maths and physics, as well as that if anything i believe it would lower my maths grade and i'll possibly end up with a C in physics anyways, however I feel like i would have wasted a year of doing physics, when i could of spent all that time possibly doing more maths revision and maybe of got an A who knows? But my point being, in my case would it be best for me to just drop it and focus on maths, or continue it?

Your situation is complicated by doing a BTEC rather than straight A-levels. I suggest you look at the requirements for the unis in which you are interested and if necessary contact them directly to ask how they would view your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending