The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Arrival slots are all booked. Will this be a problem?

I am planning to arrive early morning but all the slots are full. Will coming without an arrival slot cause problems and what exactly happens if I don't have one? The only ones free are from 1700-1800.

Also, the collection point closes at 1700 so how will I be able to collect the keys?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Faizul08
I am planning to arrive early morning but all the slots are full. Will coming without an arrival slot cause problems and what exactly happens if I don't have one? The only ones free are from 1700-1800.

Also, the collection point closes at 1700 so how will I be able to collect the keys?

Hello,

The arrival slots are there so that everyone has a smooth experience moving in, because of the layout of campus we can't have everyone moving in at the same time because it would basically come to a standstill (which wouldn't be fun for anyone!)

The key collection point will stay open until 10pm on the Saturday and 9pm on the Sunday, but if you arrive after this then you can collect your keys from the Security office so don't worry about that!

Emma :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by University of Surrey
Hello,

The arrival slots are there so that everyone has a smooth experience moving in, because of the layout of campus we can't have everyone moving in at the same time because it would basically come to a standstill (which wouldn't be fun for anyone!)

The key collection point will stay open until 10pm on the Saturday and 9pm on the Sunday, but if you arrive after this then you can collect your keys from the Security office so don't worry about that!

Thanks for the reply. I was confused with the collection times because on my arrival letter that I got sent after completing my online induction said that the opening times for the key collection point at Stag Hill campus are from Saturday 0900-1700.
Thanks for the reply. I was confused with the collection times because on my arrival letter that I got sent after completing my online induction said that the opening times for the key collection point at Stag Hill campus are from Saturday 0900-1700.

No problem I can see why you're confused! This info is different to what I found on the website so I'll get in touch with the accommodation team to find out what is correct. Either way you'll be able to collect your key from security if the collection point is closed but I'll get back to you when I hear from accommodation :smile:

Emma
Reply 5
No problem I can see why you're confused! This info is different to what I found on the website so I'll get in touch with the accommodation team to find out what is correct. Either way you'll be able to collect your key from security if the collection point is closed but I'll get back to you when I hear from accommodation :smile:

Emma

Thank you Emma. I did send them an email and they said the collection points will be open till 10 pm.
Thank you Emma. I did send them an email and they said the collection points will be open till 10 pm.

OK perfect! Thanks for letting me know :smile:
Reply 7
OK perfect! Thanks for letting me know :smile:

I do need help with something else. Are electrical appliances like blenders allowed or not? I can't seem to find the page that said what kind of appliances were not allowed so I am not sure if I should bring it along or not.
Hi :smile:

As long as you keep them in the kitchen and not your room then that will be fine. Here is the official advice on electrical appliances:

"Residents may not install or use any heater,
iron, kettle, fridge, freezer, washing machine,
microwave or other cooking equipment
in their bedroom. Under no circumstances
should electrical outlets or appliances be
interfered with or overloaded. Multi-socket
adaptors should be CE or BS kite-marked and
have a fuse and ‘on’ indicator light. Kitchen
appliances must have a 3-pin UK fused plug.
Unfused continental plugs and adaptors are
not permitted. The University reserves the
right to remove, without warning, any of
the appliances listed above, unsafe electrical
appliances or non-UK standard appliance leads
that are not CE or BS kite-marked."

This info is from the Resident's Guide which you might find useful - have a look here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/sites/default/files/Residents_Guide_2016_2017.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending