The Student Room Group

Can you actually get into university with a btec

Can you actually get into University with just a BTEC Level 3 extended Diploma in IT. And I mean a good university (UK Top 20). Have any of you done it or do you know someone that has?

Also sorry for posting this in the A Level Forums, I'm on my phone and I can't find the Btec Forum Link.
Original post by DatComicalManiac
Can you actually get into University with just a BTEC Level 3 extended Diploma in IT. And I mean a good university (UK Top 20). Have any of you done it or do you know someone that has?

Also sorry for posting this in the A Level Forums, I'm on my phone and I can't find the Btec Forum Link.
Have you tried UCAS search tool? The entry requirements are there ; also you can easily visit different uni websites
Reply 2
Depends on how many UCAS points it gives you and the course requirements for that University. "___ UCAS points from as least 2 A levels" for example is a type of requirement that top Universities may want . Personally I did 2 A levels and a btec...and it was the btec that saved me and got me in to my university.

But really it depends on the Uni's preference...get researching :wink:
Reply 3
I know somebody who got into Durham with a BTEC; I believe they achieved D*D*D* though.
Reply 4
Simple answer: yes.
My cousin did a btec, went to uni and now he's in some engineering job on a decent wage

Quick Reply

Latest