The Student Room Group

Cambridge college with ensuite for all 4 years?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Claree
I will have had an ensuite every year (of a 4 year course) at Trinity. :smile: 1st year they send you a form which you can put your preferences on and if you write you'd like an ensuite in the box they'll most probably give you one. 2nd year it depends where you are in the ballot, which is random, but there will be ensuites left to pick for at least the first 100-odd people to pick. 3rd year there will definitely be ensuites available to pick from. If you get a 1st in 2nd year, you'll certainly be able to get an ensuite in 4th year. If you don't get a 1st in 2nd year you probably won't be able to get an ensuite in 4th year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much! this is very useful and obviously this is for Trinity only, but do you know if the same options (like specifying ensuite for first year) apply to other colleges like Downing or st.John's for example?
Also I would imagine not all colleges have the same proportion of ensuite rooms though.

Thanks again!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by clfm10

how are you finding the pre interview assessment? which college have you decided on?
[QUOTE="davozgenius;67841664"]
Original post by clfm10

how are you finding the pre interview assessment? which college have you decided on?

to be honest looking at the example paper on their website it doesn't look too bad as we have done a lot of similar questions in school. But having said that, this will be the first time anyone does it so it will be very difficult to judge how difficult it is. I think this is a good thing as it will probably mean that they will give more importance to the interview and they will probably interview anyway regardless of the test.

I finally made up my mind and went for Downing. The main reason why is because all the reviews I found online were very positive so there doesn't seem to be anything negative that's too important. Plus location looks pretty awesome for engineering. What about you? What college did you choose? Have you already submitted your application?
I haven't seen downing but but ya the reviews sound good, the pre interview assessment is a bit different to the questions I am used to, but nothing I cant crack. yep already gave in ucas

what set of questions are you using to prepare?
and what subjects are you doing at A level?
Original post by davozgenius
I haven't seen downing but but ya the reviews sound good, the pre interview assessment is a bit different to the questions I am used to, but nothing I cant crack. yep already gave in ucas

what set of questions are you using to prepare?
and what subjects are you doing at A level?

Well I am going over school material at the moment.
I am doing Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry but have already done regular Maths last year
What are you using to prepare for it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by clfm10
Well I am going over school material at the moment.
I am doing Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry but have already done regular Maths last year
What are you using to prepare for it?

the pat mostly, I could send you some question packs if you want,i would like it if you do too.(similar question you ve found)
Original post by vincrows
Are you at Sidney?
The last time you posted here was 2 yrs ago, again praising Sidney......

No, just eaten the food.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending