The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy work experience

Hi, I didn't think of doing physiotherapy until later and am now in year 13 and struggling to get any work experience. My college won't help me as I'm a second year student and most places I email don't respond! Can anyone suggest anything?
Reply 1
Original post by vf55
Hi, I didn't think of doing physiotherapy until later and am now in year 13 and struggling to get any work experience. My college won't help me as I'm a second year student and most places I email don't respond! Can anyone suggest anything?

I would try to email as many private clinics as you can; this helped me but private clinics are hard to secure work experience placements with. So if you can get a placement with them you will be at an advantage as unis can understand how difficult it can be get experience in this profession.

Hospitals however, require you to apply almost a year before so unless you have applied in the previous year, it wont be much help to you to do so now as you have to be able to talk about these experiences on your personal statement.

There is still time though, i'm also in year 13 and have been able to secure placements or the Christmas holidays and even this October half term.
What unis are you thinking of applying to?

Quick Reply

Latest