The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

But we have to count the hours Sophie!
The Anthropologist
Thank you Vazzy! I'm only doing what everybody else is doing on this thread.

You are the highest poster in this thread. By miles. Go and check if you don't believe me, you've made 103 posts and the next highest poster has made 64. And your posts are full of ****, like "AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh ...". It's just not funny any more. :s-smilie:

Vazzyb
All you do is complain about how bad posts are. You are on here non-stop criticising people's posts - go and do something better. You're not a moderator, Anthro's done absoultey nothing wrong and you don't have any right to tell him to do anything Bill.

Huh? I have the right to report him if he's breaking the rules, which he certainly is doing. I want to use this thread for A-level results information and countdown, not plough my way through ten pages of "AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh ...", and frankly, the rules are on my side there. :smile: I thought asking him to stop ****ing around before going ahead and reporting him was quite polite, really.

Vazzyb
And the way you patronise people is sickening. You think that you academic credentials gives you the right to be a complete and utter bastard, well it doesn't.

If you're gonna make this kind of ridiculous assumption, could you at least justify it? I don't think my "academic credentials" give me anything. There's a reason this thread keeps getting deleted, and The Anthropologist is a very well known spammer, particularly in the subs area, and it annoys a hell of a lot of people. It might not have been a polite request, but it was a request for him to stop being so incredibly annoying.
You think that your academic credentials give you the right to be a complete and utter bastard, well, they don't. No one needs to be like that.

lol Vazzy what academic credentials???:biggrin:
Reply 583
At least Anthro is entertaining and therefore is stoping my nerves about results a little more than everyone posting one thing saying something like

:eek: Nearly results day.. only *** days and *** hours left.

Which heightens my nerves.

And the reason Anthro was saying "AHHHHHH" was our attempt to keep the thread on topic... and slightly entertaining.
sophie_b
At least Anthro is entertaining and therefore is stoping my nerves about results a little more than everyone posting one thing saying something like

:eek: Nearly results day.. only *** days and *** hours left.

Which heightens my nerves.

And the reason Anthro was saying "AHHHHHH" was our attempt to keep the thread on topic... and slightly entertaining.

That's still not what this thread's about. :s-smilie: What about the people who want to use this thread to ask questions? I answered one of them two posts back because everyone else seemed to have ignored it from ten pages back... or at least, I didn't see any replies, so the chances of the person asking for help seeing any replies is small. That's not helpful at all. It might be entertaining, but it's still spam and consequently not for this thread. Would it really be that soul-destroying to go and get a thread in chat if you want to chat and leave the "info and countdown thread" for exactly that?
generalebriety
You are the highest poster in this thread. By miles. Go and check if you don't believe me, you've made 103 posts and the next highest poster has made 64. And your posts are full of ****, like "AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh ...". It's just not funny any more. :s-smilie:

Huh? I have the right to report him if he's breaking the rules, which he certainly is doing. I want to use this thread for A-level results information and countdown, not plough my way through ten pages of "AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh ...", and frankly, the rules are on my side there. :smile: I thought asking him to stop ****ing around before going ahead and reporting him was quite polite, really.

If you're going make this kind of ridiculous assumption, could you at least justify it? I don't think my "academic credentials" give me anything. There's a reason this thread keeps getting deleted, and The Anthropologist is a very well known spammer, particularly in the subs area, and it annoys a hell of a lot of people. It might not have been a polite request, but it was a request for him to stop being so incredibly annoying.

Excuse me, but if you want this thread to remain on topic, is this, quite frankly, pointless argument going to help anyone? Vazzy's right though in that you seem to feel, that in some erroneous way, you are better than everyone else. So far I'm content to say Vazzy hasn't been turned into such an individual - perhaps the A*'s went to your head? A little less argumentation and a little more on topic then? Okay well lets stop arguing.
Exactly Sophie well said :biggrin: !
We love you Anthro.. don't worry:biggrin: ! Good luck with your results everyone!:smile:
Thanks for your support everyone, i'm fearful this may have driven General on a pathway for vituperative revenge. So back to the topic of the thread.

What subjects are you waiting for then prinzessin?
Reply 589
I agree, and disagree.

This thread is being spammed a little too much.
biology , chemistry, french & german :biggrin:
Avogadro6.022*10^23
I agree, and disagree.

This thread is being spammed a little too much.

:ditto:

Though I agree that generalebriety has been a bit too harsh, I think his point stands that this thread is full of spam...
Indeed, but what does one expect form such a thread. Perhaps we need to write mini-essays for each post we make?
Now, now, ladies......
Oh PLEASE! I wish some people would just remove their overlysized head from somewhere we'd rather not go!!!
prinzessin1988
biology , chemistry, french & german :biggrin:

Good subjects - i did Chem and Bio :smile:
This is why i sort of wish they hadn't reinstated the old thread because if we had created a new one that was just for counting down and general chit chat...no one would be able to bitch abt being off topic!
Excalibur
:ditto:

Though I agree that generalebriety has been a bit too harsh, I think his point stands that this thread is full of spam...

Meh. I might have been harsh, but I wasn't thrilled at having to read 10 pages of off-topic crap to see if anyone genuinely needed help or advice, to be honest. (And then to find out that, when people did, they'd been ignored.) Anyone is free to take my impoliteness or leave it, but it doesn't change the fact that this thread is turning into a spamfest.

The Anthropologist
Indeed, but what does one expect form such a thread. Perhaps we need to write mini-essays for each post we make?

No, you just need to stay on topic. And if that means not posting when there's nothing to post, so be it. :s-smilie: Insulting me won't change that. Telling me I'm posting things off-topic too won't change that. If you want to 'entertain' people, what's wrong with going somewhere else so that if people genuinely want or need to use this thread for its intended purpose, they can do?
lol @ dark & lovely! how did teh interview go?:smile: Yes im more of a natural linguist Anthro:smile:.. I did like science especially biology . I did however find Chemistry rather difficult in terms of the June exams . I will be more than contented with a C for Chemistry:smile:
And I did Bio and French :biggrin:

Latest