The Student Room Group

Messed up my life and haunted by what could have been

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chelle1996
Lol I'd hardly call that a rant! I know I said talking to a counsellor doesn't change anything but sometimes talking to people in similar situations is comforting. That's an awful and unnecessary experience you had to go through. I don't think teachers understand they have the power to make one students education a living nightmare or a happy time. Glad there was someone there that had your back but regardless you shouldn't of had to go through that to the point that it made you upset. Did you do well in your exam? I had a situation like that with the good college I got in. I have an illness that flares up with stress. Because of the teacher and work problems I was having I got very ill and my attendance flopped. My college then tried to accuse my mum of lying when they rung to ask why I was never in. It was a vicious cycle. We had to get a hospital and doctors note and even then there was no consideration on their behalf. All they cared about was their statistics and having a student with a low attendance didn't look good enough for them so they tried to chuck me too. Precisely! I'm looking for support in others to be lifted up not kicked back down especially when your already in such a bad state. At least we can empathise and help others that are going through this too.

Oh god, you are me! My mum had to come in too, ugh that is another story. :colonhash:

I'm the same under pressure, I get so ill and I can't rest. Most of the pressure was because of the teachers, not the work.

I did okay, I ended up with a B which I'm grateful for even after going through so much ****. I'm not going to lie, when people did better than me I couldn't care less because I knew exactly what I went though and how ****y I was treated by the staff and my teachers, despite being such a hard worker.

I really understand your position right now, atleast we can empathise with each other :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending