The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think someone who enjoyed Bridget Jones might like Nick Hornby novels. They're not chick lit (i hate that term), but they are funny and creative like Bridget Jones. Something like A Long Way Down or High Fidelity, maybe?
Adrian Mole series by Sue Townsend . In diary format like Bridget Jones only he's a guy, and 13 (and 3/4). Hilarious x
Any book by Sophie Kinsella (especially the Shopoholic series) they are very entertaining and the protagonist has Bridget-like qualities.
Her other titles are :
Can You Keep a Secret? and The Undomestic Goddess
How about another book by the same author? There's one that I think is called The Overactive Imagination of Olivia Jules or something similar. It's about a journalist who is a bit ditzy like Bridget whose imagination goes crazy OTT and she finds herself following a story that could be quite big and dangerous.
Reply 5
I tried the Olivia Joules one, but thought it was rubbish - to be blunt. 'Can You Keep A Secret?' by Sophie Kinsella I read once when I was out of other books, and I was actually laughing out loud. Thats how funny it was. Although that could just be me.
Reply 6
Anything by Marian Keyes or Catherine Alliott.
BradyHR
I tried the Olivia Joules one, but thought it was rubbish - to be blunt.

Yeah it wasn't great. I expected better really considering I loved the Bridget Jones' Diary books. Others may like it though.
Reply 8
SweetLikeChocolate
Any book by Sophie Kinsella (especially the Shopoholic series) they are very entertaining and the protagonist has Bridget-like qualities.
Her other titles are :
Can You Keep a Secret? and The Undomestic Goddess

Yeah I'd agree with those. I preferred the single two, rather than the Shopaholic series. I don't think Ive laughed while reading a book as much as I did with Can You Keep A Secret.
Marian Keyes, from what I've heard...not got round to reading any myself, but apparently, it appeals to fans of "chick lit" but has a lot more depth and intelligence
Reply 10
Hens Dancing by Rafaella Barker

Similar voice to Bridget Jones but set in the Norfolk countryside, very funny.

Latest

Trending

Trending