The Student Room Group

What book(s) got you out of a book slump?

Which books got you to read again after a slump?
Reply 1
Original post by study23!

ACOTAR, after reading shatter me which put me in a 3 month book slump. so yh acotar is my saviour <3
Reply 2
Original post by Tatakae L
ACOTAR, after reading shatter me which put me in a 3 month book slump. so yh acotar is my saviour <3

I really need to try ACOTAR, I've been putting it off for years 😂
Reply 3
I really need to try ACOTAR, I've been putting it off for years 😂

Honest I acc love it, but I've taken a break from it because I just needed a breather so I started from blood and ash, finished the first and second book and took a breather from that too because what the heck. Theyre just so good and unexpected but I need a minute to wollow in self pity after them, so i think its time to read daisy jones and then eventually move onto the third books of both of them series.
Reply 4
Secret Barrister was probably the main one that got me started reading for fun again rather than reading for work post-PhD.
recently i went to a slump when i was reading Blindsight - Peter Watts
Classroom of the Elite light novel series (like 3 volumes of it) helped me up and re-continue Blindsight
(edited 2 months ago)
Natsuo Kirino's The Goddess Chronicle was pretty much the first actual novel type book I read after about 4 or 5 years of not really reading after IB English Lit kind of sucked all my joy of reading for fun out of me...
definitely The Martian (by Andy Weir). Its so so funny, easy to understand, and addictive as hell. putting the book down was physically torturous. if I could sell my soul to be the author of any book, it would be this one.
All kinds of possible books I like to read when I am in a mood for it. Of course novels count to them too.

The books by cathy glass
Children of Ruin by Adrian Tchaikovsky!!! I'd been searching for it for years :smile:
So You Want to Be a Wizard
The Amulet of Samarkand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending