The Student Room Group

UCAS choices help

So I've narrowed down my choices to Glasgow, Southampton, Cardiff and Birmingham but I am having trouble with my last choice, which I intend to be in Scotland. I am torn between Aberdeen, Strathclyde and Dundee. I am applying for MEng in Civil Engineering. Please, give me some advice!
Reply 1
Original post by nason54
So I've narrowed down my choices to Glasgow, Southampton, Cardiff and Birmingham but I am having trouble with my last choice, which I intend to be in Scotland. I am torn between Aberdeen, Strathclyde and Dundee. I am applying for MEng in Civil Engineering. Please, give me some advice!

I would say Edinburgh for a university in Scotland, but out of your three options i've heard Aberdeen is the better one of the 3.
Original post by nason54

Strathclyde is generally considered to be the best engineering department in Scotland, but it's also quite competitive to get into. Dundee is also meant to be good for civil engineering in particular, so it might make a good fifth choice. Aberdeen is decent enough, too.
Reply 3
As a Scot I hope I can help you out a little 😊 All the options are good universities, though Strathclyde has the best rep for engineering. Aberdeen is also great, and it's a pretty nice, chilled place to live. Dundee universities I'm afraid I can't tell you a lot about. I do know they all have good reps though.
Honestly, all your options are really good ones in terms of the actual universities so you may want to look more into the cities, uni accommodation and societies and base it off that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending