The Student Room Group

Open University, UCAS and brick uni's

Hi guys,
I am currently studying for a degree in philosophy and psychological studies with the Open University. The course is 120 credits on completion of the first year of undergraduate studies. I'm wanting to go to a brick uni and was wanting to know:
do you register with UCAS individually?
or can you register apart of the Open University using a buzz word?
And then how much will the application cost?
I did start a UCAS application but that was 2 years ago and the college cancelled everything when I left, would that affect registering?
Also as I am currently still studying with them I wont have any results or grades from them yet and I know that may be a problem when it comes to the application so what would I do?
Any information would be appreciated, thank you!
Original post by BonitaB
Hi guys,
I am currently studying for a degree in philosophy and psychological studies with the Open University. The course is 120 credits on completion of the first year of undergraduate studies. I'm wanting to go to a brick uni and was wanting to know:
do you register with UCAS individually?
or can you register apart of the Open University using a buzz word?
And then how much will the application cost?
I did start a UCAS application but that was 2 years ago and the college cancelled everything when I left, would that affect registering?
Also as I am currently still studying with them I wont have any results or grades from them yet and I know that may be a problem when it comes to the application so what would I do?
Any information would be appreciated, thank you!

Your previous application wont have any affect on registering.

You can register independently now and start building your application in Apply.

Contact your tutor/OU student support and ask if they have a UCAS Buzzword and if not whether they'll provide a UCAS reference for you (http://www2.open.ac.uk/students/help/references seems positive towards the end). If they have a buzzword you can add that to a Independent application using the "Options" tab on the left hand menu in Apply - if not then you can add your tutor as a reference and provide their contact details as an independent applicant.

The cost is explained on the UCAS website "The application fee for this service is £24 for more than one choice or £13 for a single choice."
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Your previous application wont have any affect on registering.

You can register independently now and start building your application in Apply.

Contact your tutor/OU student support and ask if they have a UCAS Buzzword and if not whether they'll provide a UCAS reference for you (http://www2.open.ac.uk/students/help/references seems positive towards the end). If they have a buzzword you can add that to a Independent application using the "Options" tab on the left hand menu in Apply - if not then you can add your tutor as a reference and provide their contact details as an independent applicant.

The cost is explained on the UCAS website "The application fee for this service is £24 for more than one choice or £13 for a single choice."

Thank you for all the information! Gonna get started now, Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending