The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
I saw Poor Creature, an original and pleasantly surprising film to say the least. The story is whimsical, visually very successful and carries a message of equality and freedom.

(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2601
17124991188978995944107147818821.jpg
10/10
Serpico - 8
L'argent - 7
One Missed Call - 7
House of Sand and Fog - 5
Original post by noggins
Serpico - 8
L'argent - 7
One Missed Call - 7
House of Sand and Fog - 5

i loved 12 Angry Men and Dog Day Afternoon but hated Network... i just thought it was plain bad! do you reckon i would like Serpico???
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i loved 12 Angry Men and Dog Day Afternoon but hated Network... i just thought it was plain bad! do you reckon i would like Serpico???

Hmm, yeah possibly. I'd say its much more similar to Marathon Man or Cruising than any of the films you mentioned. Check out Serpico's trailer or a couple scenes on youtube to be sure.
Original post by noggins
Hmm, yeah possibly. I'd say its much more similar to Marathon Man or Cruising than any of the films you mentioned. Check out Serpico's trailer or a couple scenes on youtube to be sure.

oh man i LOVED Marathon Man! in that case i'll have to give it a go 🙂 John Schlesinger is as great as Sidney Lumet, Midnight Cowboy is one of my favourite old films. haven't heard of Crusing though
The Devil Wears Prada - 7/10

A decent, fairly throwaway film with a pretty serious message that will resonate with many people: don't prioritise your work over your family and friends because if you do so then eventually work is all you will have left.
Original post by CatusStarbright
The Devil Wears Prada - 7/10

A decent, fairly throwaway film with a pretty serious message that will resonate with many people: don't prioritise your work over your family and friends because if you do so then eventually work is all you will have left.

A good film, Meryl Streep's acting was superb. You put it in a nutshell.
Bound - 9
Predator - 9
Under Fire - 8
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - 7
Midnight in St. Petersburg - 5
(edited 4 days ago)
Crooks on Netflix.

Quick Reply

Latest