The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I thought the exam was ok. I went in with an A* in my practical and i got a A in my final grade. No one in my class got an A* which was strange.
Reply 2
i got an a* but a lot of people got A from our class
Reply 3
I got A's on composition and A's on performing...i somehow managed to get a C overall when i was predicted A. I wanted a B minimum! Do you think they will do resits for music?
:eek: I got full marks in my coursework which bscailly means I needed 60% on the exam to get an A*. Somehow...I got an A. Im waiting for the UMS marks breakdown.
Reply 5
i was predicted an A, but got a B, im v.v. disapointed? anyone know wot i can do about this?
Reply 6
lissie89, you might be able to resit the exam but would you want to? A B is still a good pass. if you're going on to music a-level then study like mad for that :]
Reply 7
I was predicted an A* with about 5 other people in my class. I got an A, no one in my class got higher than an A. Apparantly it was 85% for an A*!!!!:eek: 85%!!! That is ridiculously high. Does anyone else agree?
I got a D (inches away from a C, though), simply because the teacher wasn't very good and he couldn't control the class very well...:mad:
Reply 9
I was predicted an A* but I thought that was being a bit optimistic. I did get it in the end but I was on OCR - the exam was a completely different format than we'd seen in mocks, it left a lot more room for you to ramble rather than wanting specific answers which I thought was a bit strange.

We were told 80% was an A*, 85% does seem a bit steep (not sure what grade boundaries where in the end)
I got an A.. and was predicted a B, so i'm well happy. I thought i did terrible in my listening paper.. it was completely different from the other practice papers we did in class. for example, we never had to learn about composers from each area of study.. nobody in the class could answer the composer questions.

but yes 85% is a lot.

a question- is edexcel the board with the highest grade boundaries? because music drama and art A*'s are all ridiculously difficult to achieve.
Reply 11
I am going to see if i can do a resit, i will ask in school tomorrow what i got. I dont think its worth a remark for music really is it?
Yeah I got an A in music which was kinda disappointing as I was predicted an A*... I must hav really screwed up the exam cos my coursework was nearly full marks. Oh well :rolleyes:
Reply 13
sweety_mimi44
Yeah I got an A in music which was kinda disappointing as I was predicted an A*... I must hav really screwed up the exam cos my coursework was nearly full marks. Oh well :rolleyes:

I am right in saying that because you got A*s in everything else, people always say 'what di you get the A in?' haha:p:
Rock'n'Rose
I got an A.. and was predicted a B, so i'm well happy. I thought i did terrible in my listening paper.. it was completely different from the other practice papers we did in class. for example, we never had to learn about composers from each area of study.. nobody in the class could answer the composer questions.

but yes 85% is a lot.

a question- is edexcel the board with the highest grade boundaries? because music drama and art A*'s are all ridiculously difficult to achieve.

I think so - the Art A* boundary is 97%, so I'm assuming it's the same for other art subjects (i.e. Drama, Music, etc).

Latest