The Student Room Group

Decline, Cash In! Huh?

Okay i may sound silly but really i m totally lost regarding all this cash in & declining stuff!:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

I know that my results r cashed in:s-smilie: Well, i m gna get all my AS certificates in mid-November & also in my AS results slip i have the actual grade along with each unit grades so i know that my AS results have been cashed in:smile:

Now Declining my grade!:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::

Well I m dropping my E grade(business) lol
Now i m left with my BBC!

I m definitely going to re-take all the units from BBC inorder to end up with AAA or AAB or ABB in january!:smile:

Now my question is do i have to decline this BBC grades? If yes that say, when i retake all than at the end of the day i get CCD:eek: so which one will be counted? BBC or CCD?:s-smilie:

Also if i dont decline my grade, than is it like The exams i retake will help to build my A2 grade BUT will not change my actual AS GRADE!
Now this is really confusing!:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Is it worth Declining?:s-smilie:

I m so much worried about all this ucas stuff & i would really be grateful if one of u cud help me through this:smile:

BTW the deadline for declining is 14th September at my college!

Anyways, i will wait for ur replies!:redface:

Cheers!:redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Now my question is do i have to decline this BBC grades? If yes that say, when i retake all than at the end of the day i get CCD so which one will be counted? BBC or CCD?

You don't need to decline it at AS, the resit marks get added on when you carry it on to A2. The highest marks will be counted.

Really? I thought that i have to decline my AS grade inorder so that i can retake:s-smilie:! Oh well this means that i m worrying for no reasons:redface:

Also if i dont decline my grade, than is it like The exams i retake will help to build my A2 grade BUT will not change my actual AS GRADE!
Now this is really confusing!

Is it worth Declining?

If you decline your grades, you will need to put "pending" on your AS grades on your UCAS form. If unis know that your school cash in grades, this may look suspicious.

But u said i dont need to deline my AS grade?:s-smilie:

Also if i decline my grade than wudn't it be not cashed in (wont be gettin certificates)

Are you applying for something competitive? BBC aren't bad grades at all. Unis know that you can do resits and go up at A2. If you get predicted high grades, I don't think you should bother with declining your AS grades because it's more hassle than it's worth.

Oh okay! Thanks for ur reply!!! Well, i m gna apply for Accounting & Finance & u need BBB or to get into nice uni u need AAB bt i dont mind going into BBB:smile:

So i guess i wont decline my grade & will resit all my units in jan!:smile:
I guess than it will end up counting with my A2 but than will it also change my overall AS grade? :redface:
Reply 2
removed
Yeah you have nothing to worry about. I was under the impression you wanted to decline them because you didn't want to put the AS grades on your application form.

When you do resits, you get a new A2 grade, a new qualification and the old AS won't matter.

So you don't need to do any declining. :smile:

Well u see i m confused whether to decline or not! I m 50 50!

That is y i thought that wud it be a good idea to decline or not?

So if i dont decline than do i have to put the AS grade even if i m resitting in jan?:s-smilie:

Say if i decline my grades than wud my overall AS grade change? Like rite now say i have a C, after declining my grade & resitting the exam i end up with overall D than which one will it count? Will it count C eventhough i hv declined that?:s-smilie:

Well, i m not pretty happy with my grade:redface: But i know its not worse but ofcourse i feel that i shud decline them & get a new AS grades!!!

AH well, i m back to square 1!!!

What wud u do? Wud u decline them or not??:redface: Also y is declining a hassle?:redface:
Reply 3
universities from this year can see your unit grades in each of your modules, regardless of whether or not you have declined the overall AS grade.

if you want to resit in the future you will recertificate at the same time rather than declining.

the best UMS score is counted when regarding resits. eg 1st stting 60% 2nd sitting 75% - 2nd sitting counts.
Reply 4
sunspoon
universities from this year can see your unit grades in each of your modules, regardless of whether or not you have declined the overall AS grade.

if you want to resit in the future you will recertificate at the same time rather than declining.

the best UMS score is counted when regarding resits. eg 1st stting 60% 2nd sitting 75% - 2nd sitting counts.

whats recertificate? Is it the one wer i will fill in my resit form so that i wont receive any certificates as i m resittin my exam

:s-smilie:
Reply 5
every time you resit your module, you will get a new AS grade. therefore you will receive a new certificate.
Reply 6
Yeah i know that but how is that related to declining the grade?:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 7
I m lost now:redface: :redface: :redface:

Shall i decline my grades or jus leave it:redface:
Reply 8
yashradia
Yeah i know that but how is that related to declining the grade?:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

ok - this spetember is the last time you can decline the grade - ever. the process of declining grades is being abolished from then onwards. after this spetember you will resit units and get a new certifcate at the same time; no need to decline but the unis will still be able to see your old AS grade.

yashradia
I m lost now

Shall i decline my grades or jus leave it

just decline it if you want to resit. this way you will get a new AS grade and you will be able to build towards your A2.
Reply 9
sunspoon
ok - this spetember is the last time you can decline the grade - ever. the process of declining grades is being abolished from then onwards.

Are you sure about that?can you please post a link or something that says that?
thanks
Reply 10
sunspoon
ok - this spetember is the last time you can decline the grade - ever. the process of declining grades is being abolished from then onwards. after this spetember you will resit units and get a new certifcate at the same time; no need to decline but the unis will still be able to see your old AS grade.

just decline it if you want to resit. this way you will get a new AS grade and you will be able to build towards your A2.

Okay say i decline! Than this means that my B grade is no longer there! Rite??:redface:

But after resitting all my examz i end up with a D grade overall:redface: Than wud they count my D grade? Or B grade (declined already)
Reply 11
andy87
Are you sure about that?can you please post a link or something that says that?
thanks

Well, u will soon have a letter from ur college.

The deadline is 14th september at our college
yashradia
Okay say i decline! Than this means that my B grade is no longer there! Rite??:redface:

But after resitting all my examz i end up with a D grade overall:redface: Than wud they count my D grade? Or B grade (declined already)

No you would keep your B, you'd just have to cash it in this time...the highest of any resit always counts, whether you decline or not.
You don't need to decline your grades because you're carrying on to A2 and you don't need to worry about doing worse in resits because the highest mark always counts. So all you really need to ask yourself is do you want unis to see your grades and do you want a new certificate for your new results? If you decline your grades, unis won't see them and you won't get a certificate until you've resat. If you don't decline, unis will see your grades and you'll keep your certificate with your current results regardless of how you do in the resits.
Reply 14
Oh okay thanks for ur replies!:smile:

Can i decline my C grade only 1 subject & leave out the B grade!

All i m saying is that can i decline my grade for only one subject?:s-smilie:
yashradia
Oh okay thanks for ur replies!:smile:

Can i decline my C grade only 1 subject & leave out the B grade!

All i m saying is that can i decline my grade for only one subject?:s-smilie:

You can decline your grades for all subjects, two subjects, one subject or none, whatever you want, but bear in mind that if you only decline one or two, it will be even more obvious to unis that you're resitting, whereas if you decline them all, they might just assume it's your college policy. BBC is still pretty good though, especially if most unis want BBB for your subject, so it might be best to just put them down in case unis think you did worse and got Ds or something. For business, if you decline it, you have to either resit it and then cash it in later with the new results or your results will disappear completely and it will be as though you never took it (I think). I'd personally decline that though because obviously an E isn't going to look good, especially when it's quite relevant to the degree you're applying for.
Reply 16
Thanks kelly!
U see the thing is that i hate business & also it is very hard for me to get a C or a B:frown::s-smilie::redface:
I was happy that i got E:redface: lol

Now, say if i dont decline my grade but i get good predicted grades than wud it help me or not?:s-smilie:
:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
yashradia
Thanks kelly!
U see the thing is that i hate business & also it is very hard for me to get a C or a B:frown::s-smilie::redface:
I was happy that i got E:redface: lol

Now, say if i dont decline my grade but i get good predicted grades than wud it help me or not?:s-smilie:
:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

It would definitely help you because unis realise that it's perfectly possible to improve between AS and A2 with resits and it would show that your teachers believe you have the potential to succeed, meaning that perhaps you just had a bad day in the exams. However, if your predicted grades are too far above your AS grades, unis might be sceptical as to how realistic they are, especially because up to half of all predicted grades turn out to be too generous. But because you did quite well anyway and got BBC, even AAA predictions wouldn't be that unrealistic really.
Reply 18
Oh cool thanks:smile:

Also, say if i dont decline them than can i leave as pending on my ucas form (as i will be resitting)

Does this AS grades realli matter that much? Or is it based on predicted grades? AS in do uni consider predicted grades more than that real As?:s-smilie:
Reply 19
Oh well i read couple of posts & all i have come to say is that i think declining is better than NOT declining grade:redface:
The reason is that say if u DONT decline than ur AS grade will not change!
If u decline & resit, better grade counts so i think it is worth declining!:o:S

Latest

Trending

Trending