The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yashradia
Also, say if i dont decline them than can i leave as pending on my ucas form (as i will be resitting)

Does this AS grades realli matter that much? Or is it based on predicted grades? AS in do uni consider predicted grades more than that real As?:s-smilie:

No, if you don't decline your grades, you have to put them on your UCAS form. AS grades are important because they show unis how well you're doing so far and how accurate your predictions are likely to be, but predicted grades are more important because they show what your teachers think you're capable of achieving at the end of the course rather than halfway through, which is what matters. The only slight problem with them is that lots of predicted grades are too generous, so if unis think your predicted grades are too high compared to your AS grades, they might doubt whether you can really achieve them.
Reply 21
sunspoon
universities from this year can see your unit grades in each of your modules, regardless of whether or not you have declined the overall AS grade.

if you want to resit in the future you will recertificate at the same time rather than declining.

the best UMS score is counted when regarding resits. eg 1st stting 60% 2nd sitting 75% - 2nd sitting counts.

I thought if you declined your grades, and put them on pending in your ucas form, that unies wouldn't be able to see the module results? Sorry I'm confused, if you decline your grade, unies will still be able to see your unit grades for each module? I'm in a position that I want to decline all my grades, because although I had some good exam results, there were a few horrible ones which brought down my average grades considerably (e.g. an 'A' and a 'D' in one subject and an 'A', 'B' and an 'E' in another). That's why I'm declining all my grades and will resit the ones with poor results. This will look suspicious I know, but if I put them on my ucas form unies will think I'm a very poor candidate.

edit: and also if I don't decline them, and put them down whilst being predicted AAB or ABB, then they might think that something is seriously wrong with the predictions and that there's no way in hell that I'll achieve that, or?
Reply 22
Right, i get this now!!!:smile:

Thanks kelly for ur advice/help/suggestion!

:smile:
Reply 23
Aristoteles
I thought if you declined your grades, and put them on pending in your ucas form, that unies wouldn't be able to see the module results? Sorry I'm confused, if you decline your grade, unies will still be able to see your unit grades for each module? I'm in a position that I want to decline all my grades, because although I had some good exam results, there were a few horrible ones which brought down my average grades considerably (e.g. an 'A' and a 'D' in one subject and an 'A', 'B' and an 'E' in another). That's why I'm declining all my grades and will resit the ones with poor results. This will look suspicious I know, but if I put them on my ucas form unies will think I'm a very poor candidate.

edit: and also if I don't decline them, and put them down whilst being predicted AAB or ABB, then they might think that something is seriously wrong with the predictions and that there's no way in hell that I'll achieve that, or?

Oh well, i dont think they can see ur grade if u have declined them!
Yeah i too have similar problem! In sone units i have got A, then in other unit CC)! I think i will also decline my grades atleast for 2 subjects & retake them again.... Coz i think i will get good predicted grades:o:o

& Also it doesnt really matter as the best result counts!!!!:smile::smile::smile: I will decline my B & say after i resit i end up with C:rolleyes: :mad: My orginial B will be counted:smile::smile::smile::smile: So yeah i m also thinkin of declining!:redface:
yashradia
Right, i get this now!!!:smile:

Thanks kelly for ur advice/help/suggestion!

:smile:

You're welcome :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending