The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard anything for Computer Science?

Original post by ishervvood
just woke up to an offer! international applicant from australia :smile:

..and congratulations!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Has anyone got anything for Statistics or SEF?
Original post by ishervvood
just woke up to an offer! international applicant from australia :smile:

Congrats! What are your stats and when did you apply
Original post by scruffyjo
Congrats! What are your stats and when did you apply

thank u!! I did the higher school certificate (not a levels) with a predicted ATAR of 99.4 (max is 99.95 and I got a conditional for 98.5 so things are looking good. results come out next friday so fingers crossed!)

submitted the application on oct 11 (and was rejected for interview at cambridge lmao), did the lnat on november 13.
I get the impression that for History BA you will have to take 1 or 2 ancient history modules is this correct? :smile:
Original post by SuperHuman98
I get the impression that for History BA you will have to take 1 or 2 ancient history modules is this correct? :smile:

their website says this -

“We strongly encourage all our students to gain maximum benefit from the chronological range of expertise in the department by taking at least one module in each of ancient history; medieval or early modern history; and modern history”

Not sure if this means it’s a mandatory requirement of just something they recommend???

Hey, History applicant here. I haven’t heard anything from UCL since 13th of October, the day when I had applied. Have you heard anything yet?
Just got an offer for maths :biggrin: . For anyone wondering my predicted grades were A*A*A and I applied on 8th November.
Original post by RheaM25
Hey, History applicant here. I haven’t heard anything from UCL since 13th of October, the day when I had applied. Have you heard anything yet?

I applied 11th Oct and got an offer 2nd November. :smile:, but don't panic and be patient :biggrin:

No, there are no restrictions on what you study during your degree, either by time period or by place (so no compulsory British/European history, either).
I applied 11th Oct and got an offer 2nd November. :smile:, but don't panic and be patient :biggrin:

I am but you know that the wait is agonising. Let’s just hope they put me out of my misery soon. Maybe the fact that I am an international student is taking them a bit longer in processing my application. But thank you for helping me out and congratulations on your offer :smile:
Original post by RheaM25
I am but you know that the wait is agonising. Let’s just hope they put me out of my misery soon. Maybe the fact that I am an international student is taking them a bit longer in processing my application. But thank you for helping me out and congratulations on your offer :smile:

I am international too and it's been 6 week since I've applied so I can pretty much relate what you're going through right now. From my understanding universities compare the applications to see which is a better fir for their university. Maybe our departments haven't received enough applications yet to compare and choose the best candidates so i guess we'll have to wait.
Original post by Jon1999
I am international too and it's been 6 week since I've applied so I can pretty much relate what you're going through right now. From my understanding universities compare the applications to see which is a better fir for their university. Maybe our departments haven't received enough applications yet to compare and choose the best candidates so i guess we'll have to wait.

Saaaaame. The wait is killing me! I applied for Psychology BSc in October and nothing yet!
Original post by AnnSwift
Saaaaame. The wait is killing me! I applied for Psychology BSc in October and nothing yet!

but still waiting is better than reading a rejection letter.
Original post by Jon1999

Yeah. You’re probably right. Well, we would just have to wait then. All the best to you, let’s hope for the best. :smile:
Original post by Jon1999
but still waiting is better than reading a rejection letter.

Truee
Reply 596
For those applying to imperial, is it true that there's a 1k fee just for applying? It does not at all ensure you a place rather its just an upfront fee solely for application.
Original post by RheaM25
Yeah. You’re probably right. Well, we would just have to wait then. All the best to you, let’s hope for the best. :smile:

Best of luck to you too. Just a piece of advice. Never fix yourself on one university.
Original post by IDDIN
For those applying to imperial, is it true that there's a 1k fee just for applying? It does not at all ensure you a place rather its just an upfront fee solely for application.

No? The only fee is the UCAS form fee which you'd have to pay before sending it off to UCAS which is then forwarded to your universities (which is like around 25 GBP I think, forgot.. but nowhere near 1000!). Where did you hear this?
Reply 599
Original post by AndyLai9879
No? The only fee is the UCAS form fee which you'd have to pay before sending it off to UCAS which is then forwarded to your universities (which is like around 25 GBP I think, forgot.. but nowhere near 1000!). Where did you hear this?

From my lecturer. I thought he was wack. Seems waay to much just for application but I believe he's been a lecturer for quite sometime (15+years), overlooking this process all the while so I thought there might be some truth in it. And I'm aware of the 25£ fee. I've actually submitted my application so I don't think he was referring to that.

Latest

Trending

Trending