The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wayohazardz
Hi there guys I just came here to say if anybody wants to ask any questions about UCL I'd be happy to answer them. Two years ago I was in your position on the student room applying to UCL and now I'm a second year student. I also have a YouTube channel if you would be so kind to subscribe where I'll go through my UCL experience. Thanks 🙂 https://youtu.be/B7WtB6CjT1k

Heyy
I applied for two courses in UCL MSc crime science and MSc crime and forensic science. I got a place for crime science. I really wanted to do forensic science but I guess nothing can happen now
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anum11
Heyy
I applied for two courses in UCL MSc crime science and MSc crime and forensic science. I got a place for crime science. I really wanted to do forensic science but I guess nothing can happen now

Heyy are you a graduate or will you be first year in September??
Heyy are you a graduate or will you be first year in September??

Hey
Yeah I did BEng in aerospace engineering at queen Mary university. Now going UCL for my MSc.
Original post by Anum11
Hey
Yeah I did BEng in aerospace engineering at queen Mary university. Now going UCL for my MSc.

You may want to talk to the module leader of crime and forensic science before you start and see if there is a possibility of switching course. This is something I did when I started at UCL, it's not guaranteed but if there is space it might be possible
You may want to talk to the module leader of crime and forensic science before you start and see if there is a possibility of switching course. This is something I did when I started at UCL, it's not guaranteed but if there is space it might be possible

You really think so. I really want to do crime and forensic science. I know I didn't meet the grade requirement but I made a later too explanation that I couldn't meet the condition. How do you think I can approach the program leader
Original post by Anum11
You really think so. I really want to do crime and forensic science. I know I didn't meet the grade requirement but I made a later too explanation that I couldn't meet the condition. How do you think I can approach the program leader

I think you should email him and explain your situation and express your interest in crime and forensics and state why you want to choose it. Also why you think you would be a suitable candidate. If you don't want to do this over email you can ask for a meeting if they are around as well.
I think you should email him and explain your situation and express your interest in crime and forensics and state why you want to choose it. Also why you think you would be a suitable candidate. If you don't want to do this over email you can ask for a meeting if they are around as well.

Thanks a lot. I will email him today then. Should I send the email to admissions?
Original post by Anum11
Thanks a lot. I will email him today then. Should I send the email to admissions?

No problem at all and I don't think that's necessary but you may want to cc your head of department.
No problem at all and I don't think that's necessary but you may want to cc your head of department.

Okay that makes sense I hope they are nice lol
Original post by Anum11
Okay that makes sense I hope they are nice lol

😂 I hope so too I had trouble changing courses
😂 I hope so too I had trouble changing courses

Yeah but thing is I didn't meet their conditions and u might did so I might be difficult
Original post by Anum11
Yeah but thing is I didn't meet their conditions and u might did so I might be difficult

It's still worth the shot though, for example I exceeded the requirements and still didn't get into UCL the first time I applied l, but with every course at UCL there are those who got in first time even though they missed the grades. So I say go for it anyway.
It's still worth the shot though, for example I exceeded the requirements and still didn't get into UCL the first time I applied l, but with every course at UCL there are those who got in first time even though they missed the grades. So I say go for it anyway.

Okay I will give a shot then. Thanks for you help :smile:
Hey guys I'm posting just to share with you my YouTube channel if you would be so kind to subscribe where I'll go through my UCL experience.I am a second-year student and for anyone coming to UCL this year my channel may provide some insight. https://youtu.be/0FF1Tul0Org
Any mature students (21+) going to UCL this September?... (I'll be 23)
Original post by amber2508
Any mature students (21+) going to UCL this September?... (I'll be 23)

Heyy
Me lol i turned 24. What course you applied for?
Original post by Anum11
Heyy
Me lol i turned 24. What course you applied for?

Heyy lol. I've applied for BASc Arts and Sciences. How about you?
I have placed UCL as my insurance choice. However, I am worried about accommodation if my miss my grades for my firm but not insurance. Can I still apply for accommodation now? Even though it is my insurance???
Original post by amber2508
Heyy lol. I've applied for BASc Arts and Sciences. How about you?

I applied for MSc Crime sciences
Original post by username31459
I have placed UCL as my insurance choice. However, I am worried about accommodation if my miss my grades for my firm but not insurance. Can I still apply for accommodation now? Even though it is my insurance???

As the applications for accommodation is high i doubt that their will be many spaces if any for those who didn’t apply before the 31st may deadline. I do know that they have a dedicated housing website to help find private and alternative accommodation though. I think it is called University of London Housing (http://www.housing.lon.ac.uk).

Latest

Trending

Trending