The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
Hi anyone here who is doing Economics and Statistics currently in UCL? Would like a feedback about the course
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Ragg
Hi anyone here who is doing Economics and Statistics currently in UCL? Would like a feedback about the course

I do stats and management, i do 5 of the 7 modules they do in first year... just to give the breakdown -

2x 15 credit maths modules - a step up from a level, if you're confident at maths A level (further maths DEFINITELY helps, atleast for first year!) this wont be too hard. Homework assignments count for 10% of final grade. 90% weighting exam in summer. The maths modules sort of lead off from eachother

2x 15 credit stats modules - First one is quite easy, second one is a bit harder (depending on how up to date you are). 10% group coursework for first one (intro), and 10% exam in february (further). 90% weighting in summer exams. The modules lead off from eachother

1x 15 credit programming in R - I personally found this difficult, some find it way easier. It's 75% coursework and 25% exam just before christmas.

They do a 30 credit (worth 2 normal modules) of a module called Economics 1(?). Which they basically say is maths in economics.

The last module is applied/world economy. But most people took applied from what ive heard, world economy is more essay based I think and applied in more maths-y?

I'd personally say go for it provided you make notes straight after lectures/same week atleast. You'll be up to date to the most part.
Reply 1622
Thanks a ton @HarunH1

Latest

Trending

Trending