The Student Room Group

Is it worth ringing up again?

Phoned the univeristy I am in with clearing for and they said they were filled up and they will ring me if anyone drops out (they told me this yesterday). However, I am wondering whehter to ring up again and ask whats happened because they have said to me before in the past they will ring and never have, this was about just simply accepting me or not.

so should I ring again and put a bit of pressure on them?
You could, but if they haven't got any places, there's not really anything they can do until someone drops out. I guess you could phone them again, explain what you were told yesterday, explain that you've been told several times in the past that someone would phone you when they never did, check they have all your contact details and just stress that you'd really appreciate them getting in touch with you as soon as something opens up. That would show them how keen you are, if nothing else.
And whenever you call up a uni about anything ask for the full name of the person you're speaking to and write it down. It's amazing how much more honest people become when they're accountable.
Reply 3
i rang up the main line and they said the guy was busy and gave me his number, after about 30mins I got through but no one picked up, I have been trying ever since again and its busy.

edit: talked to him, situations changed again, he said there are one or two whos he not sure about so if anything comes up he will ring me.
Reply 4
My course was in clearing at 4 different unis, today it has to been reduced to 3 unis. When do unis take themselves of the vacancy service usually?
Reply 5
Bye bye Mr Power :wavey:

Latest

Trending

Trending