The Student Room Group
hey there. yea i dnt use facbook so this is a gud idea. i'm in flat 1 room G. are u excited about starting?
Reply 2
so excited but also quite nervous, as im sure everyone else is.....how are you feeling about it all - got everything ready?! i still havent found any of my other flat mates yet though!!
really nervous about moving to such a big city from a tiny village, but excited about getting to study my dream career. well i'm just getting packed now i'm sending my deposit tomorrow so almost there. i know what you mean i havn't spoken to any one from flat one yet :smile:
Reply 4
100% off topic but I keep reading it as Student Grovel :P
I know what you mean - I haven't found any of my flat mates yet either!
I'm in flat 5, room J.
Rolling with the dice

I'm in flat 5, room J.

aha.. lucky you! The J rooms are the big ones!!!
Hel' in Heaven
aha.. lucky you! The J rooms are the big ones!!!

fab!! :smile:
Reply 8
how big are the other rooms, cos im hoping to have friends come to visit sometimes - will i fit an extra person or two in?
Reply 9
Hey... im flat 7 room J. Me too, I wondred that... and I cant find anywhere in the tenancy thing about guests... are we allowed visitors to stay, if we get them sighned in and stuff?
just wondering - can you request to live in the intercollegiate halls with people from other courses?
I was in one of the smaller rooms (C) and I had friends to stay the night... you can basically fit another mattress between the bed and the desk!
In the J rooms you could probably fit two people on the floor!
Just a warning: For those of you with boy/girlfriends, the beds are really narrow and uncomfortable for two people...
Last year we didn't have a warden, so we could basically do whatever we wanted. You're not meant to have anyone over-night, but everyone did it!
And even if they do manage to get a warden for next year, if you're discrete about it, it shouldn't be a problem!
anything else just ask!
x
Reply 12
lool cheers. yeah it is my boyfriend im worried about. He is going to uni in bristol and although I will love to go visit him sometimes.. want to have him here too. Looks like he is going to have an air bed on the floor lol. If I can sneak him past the wardens.. whats the worst that can happen if they find someone has stayed?
Reply 13
same here, i want my boyfriend to come and stay but will have to sneak him in by the sound of things
I've never heard of anyone being caught or anything... They would probably just give you a warning or something similar.
My boyfriend came several time for long weekends.. he even went to one of my tutorials! (he borrowed one of my lab coats and blended in!)
:-)

Latest

Trending

Trending