The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
h2345
this is prob a really stupid question, but i am just about to buy some tickets online and after you add a ticket to your 'shopping cart', it says, 'please select the date you want to purchase the ticket for'. Does this mean the date the party is on or the date you want your ticket to arrive by(as in through the post)?? Also approx how long does it take for tickets to arrive in post?

umm i bought one of my tickets through the phone and the guy said that my ticket should arrive by post 4 days before the date of the event that i had bought the ticket for
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
i cant be asked to go to each one of them unless i got someone with me... though i bought two, the ministry of sound one and the fresher thing i dont remember lol
Reply 22
fattya16
umm...i'm just curious, but what other places r there to go to?

You have the WHOLE of London! It depends what sort of music you like and stuff, there are hundreds of clubs to go to. Look on the internet a bit! Or just wander round the nightclubby areas and do whatever takes your fancy!

Even Covent Garden has Roadhouse and the Gardening Club (a club, despite the odd name) - Leicester Square area has a whole bunch of clubs, many are free entry. That's just the places close to Uni. Soho has loads, Camden, Shoreditch (Old Street, Hoxton), loooooads of places...
Reply 23
London is the Clubbing Capital of the world (bar maybe Ibiza) - It has some of the best clubs in the world, and there is something for everyone!
Reply 24
h2345
this is prob a really stupid question, but i am just about to buy some tickets online and after you add a ticket to your 'shopping cart', it says, 'please select the date you want to purchase the ticket for'. Does this mean the date the party is on or the date you want your ticket to arrive by(as in through the post)?? Also approx how long does it take for tickets to arrive in post?

I got mine two days after I ordered them.

They've accidently sent me two tickets for the boat party aswell haha. If anyone's lucky enough to live near me and doesn't have a boat party ticket.. :wink:
Reply 25
Harriii
I got mine two days after I ordered them.

They've accidently sent me two tickets for the boat party aswell haha. If anyone's lucky enough to live near me and doesn't have a boat party ticket.. :wink:

Roughly where abouts do you live?! Id pay for it :smile:
Reply 26
Junayd
Roughly where abouts do you live?! Id pay for it :smile:

I live in York. But I meant in halls (I'm in hampstead) if anyone doens't have a boat ticket I'll be giving it as a freebie.
Reply 27
ok people, they have put more tickets up online now for both boat parties...:smile:
Reply 28
My ticket still hasn't turned up! Got everything else.....sigh.
Reply 29
I just checked, they are still selling them. Go onto the site
Reply 30
What is this boat party? Does it mean I have to bring my own boat with me?
Reply 31
^ yeh - and then were going to race up the thames from westminster to the o2 and back.. winner gets a pint of shandy.
Reply 32
That's helpful cos my boat runs on shandy.
Reply 33
Adrian Ng
What is this boat party? Does it mean I have to bring my own boat with me?

lol...if ur fortunate enough to have ur own boat......
Reply 34
That's helpful cos my boat runs on shandy.

lucky - mines 100% beer driven, must cost twice as much as yours!
This is kind of off topic/semi related...i may just be in a bitchy mood...but is any1 else worried abt the intelligence of some of the freshers...theres ppl on the facebook grp asking ridiculous questions to do with tickets! For example some1 not being sure whether physiotherapy is related to medicine/guys..so not sure they've bought the right ticket...physio is a freaking BSc....work it out...it cld just be anxiety stopping people from thinking rationally though lol
Dark and Lovely
This is kind of off topic/semi related...i may just be in a bitchy mood...but is any1 else worried abt the intelligence of some of the freshers...theres ppl on the facebook grp asking ridiculous questions to do with tickets! For example some1 not being sure whether physiotherapy is related to medicine/guys..so not sure they've bought the right ticket...physio is a freaking BSc....work it out...it cld just be anxiety stopping people from thinking rationally though lol

Lol, not so much to do with that, but I am getting pissed off with people on Facebook saying

"OMG, I can't believe I didn't get SSA, thats bull****, just because I applied late"
"Where you live?"
"Croydon"

Er, well you live inside the M25, and applied late, you're ****ing lucky you've got any! Its pissing me off, cos loadsa people who applied way before the deadline and live in places like Leeds didn't get any, and then there's these people moaning about Hampstead when they "might as well stay at home". STAY AT HOME THEN!! You seriously thought you'd get your 1st choice when you live in London anyways?!

Rant over, sorry people lol, i'm lovely really :smile:
x_f_x
Lol, not so much to do with that, but I am getting pissed off with people on Facebook saying

"OMG, I can't believe I didn't get SSA, thats bull****, just because I applied late"
"Where you live?"
"Croydon"

Er, well you live inside the M25, and applied late, you're ****ing lucky you've got any! Its pissing me off, cos loadsa people who applied way before the deadline and live in places like Leeds didn't get any, and then there's these people moaning about Hampstead when they "might as well stay at home". STAY AT HOME THEN!! You seriously thought you'd get your 1st choice when you live in London anyways?!

lmao...soo true!
Reply 38
x_f_x

"Where you live?"
"Croydon"

I agree with both of you. 1 people asking dumb questions that they could have found out by simply reading their accommodation guide or letters king's have sent them.
and 2. OMGZZ I GOT HAMSPSTEAD :angry: ANY1 WANNA SHARE PRIVAT ACCOMMODATION WIV ME?! S'NOT FAIR.

Exactly stay at home then. If you think the commute to uni is worth staying at home (AND COMMUTING ANYWAY!) living with your parents and being isolated is better than being a bit further away than SSA. Go for it.
A reballot is not gonna get you an apartment.
Reply 39
The people who've got the Hampstead halls should consider themselves really lucky. It's a beautiful area with ponds and parks and great night life. You have to be pretty loaded to live there otherwise.

Latest