The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Put all 5 on the AS section,
Then 4 on the A2 section but don't repeat the AS units, just add the A2 units and leave as pending.
<(+_+)>
Then 4 on the A2 section but don't repeat the AS units, just add the A2 units and leave as pending.

Why shouldn't you repeat the AS units? They're exactly the same information, after all... :confused:
It says on the UCAS instructions DO NOT REPEAT THE AS UNITS =P
Reply 4
To confirm, I took 4 ASs and am taking 3 to A2. I should list the 4 AS and 3 A2 separately, and put modules 1-3 in the AS subject and 4-6 in the A2?

This is confusing.
^ Yup thats right if your cashing in your AS's.
This might help (it's from UCAS) -

If you have certificated an AS level and are continuing the subject to A2, you should:
1. Enter the AS level, overall grade and unit titles and grades that make up the AS;
2. Enter the same subject as an A level with the overall grade as pending and then list only the A2 units with the grades as pending. You should not re-enter the AS unit details for the A level.
Reply 7
Thanks for the help, I think I get it now.
I feel I should know this, but what does 'cashing in' mean - I'm not declining any of my ASs if thats it.
Did you have the overall grade on your AS results slip?

If you did then they are cashed in.
Reply 9
As in overall grade A, unit grades A, A, B?
If so, yes, they are cashed in.
Yup, that means they are cashed in and you just need to follow the instructions from UCAS. =)
Reply 11
<(+_+)>
Yup, that means they are cashed in and you just need to follow the instructions from UCAS. =)
Great, thanks for your help.

Sorry to hijack this thread everyone.
Reply 12
So for the subjects in the A2 section, should I leave all the modules as pending, including 1,2 and 3?
You should only enter the A2 modules on the A2 section and yes leave them as pending.
Reply 14
OK, thanks for the help :smile:
No probs. =)
Reply 16
While we're on this sort of question, I have one of my own; I'm taking a brand new AS for Year 13, now I have put that AS among the others that I have took and received results for, but this one says Pending. Will the admissions tutors know that this new AS is just been taken this year, or will they figure I'm resitting stuff from last year? Or will it be mentioned in my reference?

Sorry for the mega-confusing question :biggrin:
Reply 17
<(+_+)>

I was told to only put down the subject you are dropping at A2 under the AS sections along with the grades (unless if you have declined it, which in that case you should put it as pending). Then add the subjects you wish to continue at A2 under the Advanced Level section and leave those as pending. My problem is that the only subject that has been cashed in is one of the subjects I will be continuing at A2, and I declined the subject I decided to drop since Ill be resitting one of the modules to improve the grade.
Aristoteles
I was told to only put down the subject you are dropping at A2 under the AS sections along with the grades (unless if you have declined it, which in that case you should put it as pending). Then add the subjects you wish to continue at A2 under the Advanced Level section and leave those as pending. My problem is that the only subject that has been cashed in is one of the subjects I will be continuing at A2, and I declined the subject I decided to drop since Ill be resitting one of the modules to improve the grade.

I just followed the instructions that UCAS stated (Posted above).
Reply 19
ok, well it wouldn't surprise me if they were talking faeces again n_n

I'm declining all my AS results, so I guess everthing under the AS and Advanced level sections will be set as pending..

Latest

Trending

Trending