The Student Room Group

Media at LSE or King's College London ?

Hi everyone!
I am considering to apply for an MSc to study Media.
My number one choice until a few days ago was LSE (specifically the course "Communications and Media - Data and Society":wink:. Then I stumbled upon KCL's Digital Asset and Media Management: looking at the structure of the course, it feels more practical and the internship module is what attracts me the most.
I know both LSE and KCL are great universities, but I'm a bit confused about the rankings/reputation.
In some rankings KCL is better than LSE, in some others (and for what I've read everyone on the forum agrees) LSE is considered way superior.
I know that considering the specific subject of Media, LSE is the best in the UK, but I feel like their course is way more theoretical than the one at KCL.
What are your thoughts? What are some other good universities for Media? I'm not interested in doing a PhD so after the MSc my goal is to find a job.
Thanks!
Original post by nikimulligan

Irrespective of whether you're looking for a job or wanting to do a PhD what matter more is what you study, how well you do and what experience you have. Rankings don't make much if any difference. It sounds like you've already compared the courses and worked out which one suits your needs better so go with that :smile:
Reply 2
Hi nikimulligan - I’m actually in a rather similar situation at the moment and am curious which program you ended up doing and how you liked it?? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending