Distinction : 4 modules at 70+ including dissertation
No module mark under 50

Merit : 4 modules at 60+ including dissertation
No module mark under 50

Pass: Pass all core modules and dissertation
"Failure with a mark of 40 or more for up to 1 module in non-core
taught modules, will be allow unless overall average for all taught
modules is 50."

If I get 5 modules at 75+ and one module under 50, say 40 does that mean I will get a pass? and does anyone know what "" means?

I heard that some courses only give out Pass and Distinction

cheers
Reply 1
i want to help but im confused as hell. how many modules are you allowed to take?! and does this 7 module include the dissertation?
Reply 2
6 including dissertation
Reply 3
GuyUK
6 including dissertation

Right, so that should be "If I get 5 modules at 75+ and one module under 50, say 40 does that mean I will get a pass?", then?:wink:

Anyway, if those are the exam regulations and there are no additional rules that apply, then yes, a single 40 will get you a pass, regardless of how high your other marks were.

Edit: As for the bit in quotes, I believe that means you can narrowly fail one of your modules (i.e. get between 40 and 49), provided it's not a core module and provided you're not a borderline case.
Reply 4
hobnob
Right, so that should be "If I get 5 modules at 75+ and one module under 50, say 40 does that mean I will get a pass?", then?:wink:

Anyway, if those are the exam regulations and there are no additional rules that apply, then yes, a single 40 will get you a pass, regardless of how high your other marks were.

Edit: As for the bit in quotes, I believe that means you can narrowly fail one of your modules (i.e. get between 40 and 49), provided it's not a core module and provided you're not a borderline case.

:smile:

Isn't 40 a pass?

40 is borderline?
Reply 5
GuyUK
:smile:

Isn't 40 a pass?

40 is borderline?

No, if I read those regulations correctly, a pass means 50+ (at least for your particular course).
This is something to ask your lecturer about. No one here could say for sure.

Latest

Trending

Trending