The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey lol, i was hopin 2 c something pharmacology related!
Pharmacy is my main, pharmacology my backup. I have my interview at Manchester on 5th December and i know the basics on how to prepare myself but i don't no what type of questions they will ask me :P
I have 3 interviews so far - 1 for pharmacology at manchester, 1 for pharmacy at manchesta, 1 for pharmacy at keele and 1 for my other backup (medical sciences) at b'ham - this is more an informal one and no interview involved here, they make me an offer purely on the way i respond on the day. The only university i have yet 2 hear from is Nottingham. I kinda buggered up in my AS's but i still managed to get my predicted grades up to BBB (i am taking geography, biology n chemistry at A2).
If u cud offer me sum tips and help i would much appreciate it! Thanks
Reply 2
smiler, why'd you pick pharmacology instead of pharmacy may i ask? since you've got the grades to do either!
Reply 3
I picked Pharmacology because it interests me more than Pharmacy to be honest!!

Pharmacy isn't really my thing...Pharmacology..so much more reaseach based and I am more interested in the mechanisms of how drugs affect the body to be honest, which I don't think Pharmacy covers in such great depth?

I had an interview at bath...well I say interview, it was really informal!! They had a copy of my personal statement infront of them, and asked me things about it, like how I made Aspirin, and why Pharmacology? Why Bath? That kind of thing. They were also interested in my interests outside of academic study too, music. We got chatting about it quite a bit!!! So don't worry, if your interview was like mine you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 4
hi
i have applied to pharmacology as well
but later i found out the pharmaceutical is the synthesising of midicine drug which that what i want ,now i do not know weather to chenge it now or on clearance day. iam thinking to leavet to clearance day

any advise plz

suha
Reply 5
Y'alryt m8y!
Erm, if thats not the course that u want to do then u shud change it asap and get in touch with ur teachers and then ucas!
Hpe advice helps!
I'm going to study Pharmacology in 2008 at Leeds Uni! Anyone else by any chance? I'm kinda worried i might want to change courses when i get there. But i am interested in how drugs affect the body at the molecular level etc. They say the first year is boring though :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending