The Student Room Group

personal statement ideas for KCL?

i heard that KCL is rather competitive so i want my personal statement to stand out, any ideas ?
It depends on the course you're applying for, but in general, keep it concise and don't beat around the bush, use proper spacing and talk only talk about work experience/courses/extracurriculars related to your course.
Reply 2
Original post by sleep_supremacy
It depends on the course you're applying for, but in general, keep it concise and don't beat around the bush, use proper spacing and talk only talk about work experience/courses/extracurriculars related to your course.

what if you don’t have a lot of courses taken/ extracurriculars?
Original post by anon.47
what if you don’t have a lot of courses taken/ extracurriculars?

I'd be able to advise you better if you could tell me which course this is for.
Reply 4
I'd be able to advise you better if you could tell me which course this is for.

this is for pharmacology thank you
Original post by anon.47
this is for pharmacology thank you

Check out courses on Coursera or EdX - I found them helpful when I was applying (and my course was similar to yours). Also slightly unrelated, but here's some MPharm resources. You don't need to do too many courses - it will be more impactful if you are able to explain a few in detail (rather than skim over many) and link it to why you are applying for pharmacology and how it interests you. Keeping your PS relevant is key. No one wants to read three pages of fluff, trust me :wink:
Reply 6
Check out courses on Coursera or EdX - I found them helpful when I was applying (and my course was similar to yours). Also slightly unrelated, but here's some MPharm resources. You don't need to do too many courses - it will be more impactful if you are able to explain a few in detail (rather than skim over many) and link it to why you are applying for pharmacology and how it interests you. Keeping your PS relevant is key. No one wants to read three pages of fluff, trust me :wink:

thank you so much for your help!! have a nice day x
Original post by anon.47
thank you so much for your help!! have a nice day x

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending