The Student Room Group

Help an international student with UCAS

So here's my UCAS list of colleges I'm applying to:

Oxford (open app) - PPE

Warwick -PPE

Exeter -PPE

York -PEP (they just like to spell it differently)

LSE - International relations OR phil and econ

St.Andrews -Philosophy & international relations OR phil & econ

And some questions I have are:

Should I apply directly to one Oxford college (thinking about Magdalen, Merton and University)?

What do I do with my personal statement since I am applying to different courses?

LSE phil and econ reccomend IB math higher level, and I'm doing math methods, would it be stupid to apply? Would I have a better chance of getting in to IR? philosophy is my passion, but I'd like to work for the UN or Hoover institute some day.

Which st.Andrews course should I apply to? phil and IR or phil and econ (no requirements)? I'd like to do some econ, but I have some options I can do in econ if I go for IR. Then I would also get more politics.

Do I have to take a language test? I'm getting a bilingual IB diploma in English and Norwegian, and I'm writing my extended essay for English B.

btw my IB predicted grades are 777 at higher level, total score 40 out of 42 (extra points not counted for).

Thanks!
you write one personal statement, for all the courses, not sure with the oxford question
Reply 2
So I should just make it really general? Would it be better to just appy for PPE courses?
Reply 3
i'm assuming you would need a seperate oxford from because home students do.

and there is an extra fee
Reply 4
emom100
i'm assuming you would need a seperate oxford from because home students do.

and there is an extra fee

Yes... I know that. What I want to find out is how you would go about applying to phil and econ without the *expected* Math A-level background. I am taking Economics, History, Physics and Language A1 at higher level, and math methods w/further calculus option and language b at standard level (international baccalaureate).

Thanks anyways.

Latest

Trending

Trending