The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hey,

I've seen the accommodation and most of them have limited car parking facilities so I dunno how likely it is you will get a space. Only a few of the accommodations are so far away that you would HAVE to take a bus, but most are on a main bus route anyway, and the average distance from Uni is about 15-20 minutes walk. I'd not say that you need a car, and Leeds is a nightmare to drive in!!

The only friend of mine who has taken her car to uni is now in her second year, and she has a house with 4 other people but lives in Headingley so I think that's more so why. I'd say you should walk or use the bus service, they even have a FREE bus service!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I have my car and I'm first year in James Baillie Park. I very easily got a parking permit for accommodation, there are still spaces now, but it was £170 so bit pricey.
Because home is half an hour away I use my car mostly to go home, but it is useful for shopping trips as it can be a serious pain struggling back with shopping bags. That said, there is absolutely no point of driving to uni. You'll just end up with a parking ticket like two of my lazy friends. The walk is short enough and the buses are regular so if you can't face the walk you can just hop on. If you get placed in Bodington accom I'd definitely say get a bus pass for the year because you won't walk it and it will cost you a bomb otherwise.
I think the only thing people use their cars for is to go to Asda. Or home, obv.

Latest