The Student Room Group

Is any one applying for Inernational Realtions or politics at uni

I applied on Friday for a join course in International Relations and Politics at:

Warwick
Sussex
Southampton
Loughborough
Hull

I was wondering is anyone out there applying for this subject. Post where you applied to and your predicted grades.

predicted grades:
English lit B
History A
Psychology B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applied for Politics/International Relations and Arabic (combined honours) at

Edinburgh
Exeter
St Andrews
SOAS
Leeds

English Language: A
Economics: A
Politics: A
DT (AS): A

Currently have offers from:

Exeter: ABB
Leeds: BBB
applied for mainly international relations.. though some come with politics too

nottingham
leeds
sheffield Conditional AAB
edingburgh
sussex Conditional ABB/AAC

ASs 2B's , C and a D
Predicted A2s . AAB.
Reply 3
Hey

Applying for politics. As you can see from my sig, I have two offers. Is it wise to apply to Warwick, they ask for AAB and you've only been predicted ABB?
Reply 4
e-lover
Hey

Applying for politics. As you can see from my sig, I have two offers. Is it wise to apply to Warwick, they ask for AAB and you've only been predicted ABB?

Well it's probably not wise to apply for Warwick, but how could you anyway, you've already applied to 5 universities?
Reply 5
ambiguous
Well it's probably not wise to apply for Warwick, but how could you anyway, you've already applied to 5 universities?

lol sorry. That question was to the OP. He/She has been predicted ABB and is thinking of applying to Warwick. :smile:
Reply 6
I'm applying for French and Politics. See the sig for details. :smile:
Got an offer from Notts, BBB.
I'm applying for Politics (not pure, with other stuff) at Cambridge (Clare), Warwick, LSE, UCL and Bristol
Reply 8
E-lover yh I don't think it was very wise but i am hoping for some sympathy, lol. hopefully all my other credentials make them give me an offer.

By the way what do you think of the other uni choices they are mostly average or good except Loughborough and Hull they are like my back ups.
I am applying for IR. I sent my application at the beginning of the weak. So far I received a wellcoming letter from queen mary and exeter.

so wanna get all my 5 offers
Reply 10
what other unis have you applied for. And what are yur predicted grades/as
Reply 11
UCL (w/ East European studies)
Edinburgh
Sheffield
Nottingham
Warwick (w/ International Studies)

Predictions:
Politics,Sociology and Philosophy: A's
and AS Economics prediction of an B

Good luck everyone :smile:
Never Give Up
what other unis have you applied for. And what are yur predicted grades/as

i think you were asking me this question.

i also applied to lse, st andrews and oxford brooks. predicted to get AAAB, allready got BBBB for as-level and I have already one A for a full A-level.

although my GSCE grades are not good at all (Enlgish is not my native language and I came to UK in year 10, so this may be the reason of my poor GSCEs:eek:

what about you ?
Reply 13
Never Give Up
E-lover yh I don't think it was very wise but i am hoping for some sympathy, lol. hopefully all my other credentials make them give me an offer.

By the way what do you think of the other uni choices they are mostly average or good except Loughborough and Hull they are like my back ups.

Your Uni's are good. But why not swap sussex for Birmingham (which has a world leading politics department) or Manchester (where you can pick and mix your degree from loads of different courses such as, Acc&Fin, Econ, Socio, IR etc)?
Reply 14
Wow well done you only came in year 10.

Well you can see at the top where i am applying/ My As grades wernt that good i got

History B
English lit B
Psychology C
ICT C
General studies D

But hopefully all goes well and good luck I thought there was no point applying to LSE lol as im only predited ABB
Reply 15
I picked sussex because it was an ok uni and because of the place as Birmingham or Manchester are a little you no what I mean.

do you no what grades they expect
Never Give Up
Wow well done you only came in year 10.

Psychology

But hopefully all goes well and good luck I thought there was no point applying to LSE lol as im only predited ABB

I am also doing Psychology for A-level :biggrin: one of my favorite subjects. Do you think it is respectful subject among the universities?
Reply 17
Im not sure about psychology its a funny one certain people say its not that good and some say its ok. so how did it go last year and what exam body was it.
i am doing AQA Psyhcology B. u ?

can u immagine???:eek: almost everyone in my psychology calss got U for the course work :eek: which spoiled our overall grade very badly :frown:. Although, I managed to get C for the coursework.

Overall i got B.

arm ... what sex are you?. I am interested because in my class there are only two guys (haha:mad: ).
Reply 19
... ...~~>>> competetiva
i am doing AQA Psyhcology B. u ?

can u immagine???:eek: almost everyone in my psychology calss got U for the

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I'm male and in my class evryone failed the whole course except me and I only got a C, its OCR.

Now im the only one in the A2 class so depressing:s-smilie: :confused: .

Latest

Trending

Trending