The Student Room Group

Ask an Admissions Tutor applying age 21+

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
If I select a specific college such as Christ on my UCAS, will it narrow my chances of getting an offer at Cambridge and only allow me to pursue a degree at Christ college or will I still be able to go to other Cambridge colleges such as trinity hall?
Original post by St Edmund's Admission
Hi everyone, I'm the new Admissions Tutor at St Edmund's College. St Edmund's focuses on the education of students aged 21 and over.

I'm here to answer any questions you might have about applying to Cambridge as a mature student, affiliate, postgraduate, or simply a little bit later than the norm. If you are going to be 21 or over at the time you start University, you might want to bear in mind that applications to Cambridge stay open beyond October 15, in many subjects.

Hi. I have a question that might sound crazy, but I can't find the answer to it anywhere so far.

I am aware that applicants applying to Oxford cannot apply to Cambridge in the same application year and vice versa. But I still want to know to what extent this rule holds. Specifically, if a mature applicant has already received a rejection from Oxford in January, for example, can she apply to one of the mature colleges at Cambridge before the March deadline, provided that she hasn't used all five choices on UCAS?
2 questions really, both involving healthcare:
1) how does enrolment and accommodation work for people doing their Public Health Registrar trakning as ST1s in the east of England would be studying a masters in public health at Cambridge (like do we need to apply for the course and accommodation separately)

2) how would uni of Cambridge be involved in the conversion course for pharmacists/nurses converting their degrees into mbchb?
Reply 843
Hi everyone, I'm the new Admissions Tutor at St Edmund's College. St Edmund's focuses on the education of students aged 21 and over.

I'm here to answer any questions you might have about applying to Cambridge as a mature student, affiliate, postgraduate, or simply a little bit later than the norm. If you are going to be 21 or over at the time you start University, you might want to bear in mind that applications to Cambridge stay open beyond October 15, in many subjects.

Hi, Good day

Please I would like to get advice on what undergraduate Course I can apply for as a 2nd year BSc in Peace and Conflict resolution
I know I can’t transfer my credits, but I don’t know how to go about it.
Any help would be really appreciated,
Thanks in advance

Hi,
Please I need advice on what course to apply for and when to apply. I am a 2nd year undergraduate student studying Peace and conflict resolution, I know I can’t transfer my credits to Cambridge but how do I go about applying to a mature College ( St Edmunds in particular) Thanks in advance

Hello,

I am interested in applying for Natural Sciences.
I've met and exceed the typical offer with A-Levels a several years ago and hope to take an additional year long course from this fall for mature students; it seems a formal relevant study in the last 2 years is encouraged.
Courses such as Access to HE have significant overlap with what I already learned in A-Levels.
So I'm not sure which would be the best.
Are there any specific ones that you would recommend? It will depend on the individual circumstance of the applicant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending