The Student Room Group

Studying at Bangor

Anyone studying either of the below here?

If so could you give me guidance and tips as to whether it's a good course, uni and student life.

Law
Law with criminology
Law with media studies
Reply 1
I just graduated from Bangor doing Psychology, which is different from Law however I have friends doing Law and she enjoys it a lot. Law has its own building/ house kind of teaching space. Although I cant offer you a lot of insight in the course itself as I do not do it myself, I cann tell you about the uni life.

First of all, Bangor is very small, its like a town even though it's classed as a city. Its a student based population place so basically 90% of the people you see around are students, everyone is friendly, and the place is extremely safe. The town has got River island, newlook, topshop, superdrug, H&M, so basically you can do some sort of shopping its not exactly a dead place, if you wanna do a massive haul, can always go to Chester (1.5 hour on the train) or Manchester (2.5 on the train only 9 pound one way if you have a railcard and book it in advance).

Night life is not bad at all tbh, we got two nightclubs, one university one called Academi and another one called Peep (but I heard they are refurnishing and called Cube soon). There are LOADS of pubs tho, and the drinks are VERY CHEAP compare to other university place I went to, basically there's this place called the Harp and they do 1 pound shots and jaega bombs..and 1 pound pints on monday...

There is always something on, freshers are great and definitely join a society, on Wednesday its AU Night (Athletic Union), so if you are in a sport team, you will have your socials (a team bonding night out) on that night (most sports club) and its the best night in the week (for me). Monday is Cheese night (cheesy music, I thought it was cheese and wine...)

The uni itself is very welcoming and helpful, they offer LOADS of opportunity, workshop and help, lecturers are responsive, induction week and everything are very clear and informative, my only thing that I cant get used to is that you have to basically read everything in welsh and english. but thats obviously because its a welsh university, but everything is great, I had an amazing time there ngl, feel free to ask more!
Original post by Aliciasc
I just graduated from Bangor doing Psychology, which is different from Law however I have friends doing Law and she enjoys it a lot. Law has its own building/ house kind of teaching space. Although I cant offer you a lot of insight in the course itself as I do not do it myself, I cann tell you about the uni life.

First of all, Bangor is very small, its like a town even though it's classed as a city. Its a student based population place so basically 90% of the people you see around are students, everyone is friendly, and the place is extremely safe. The town has got River island, newlook, topshop, superdrug, H&M, so basically you can do some sort of shopping its not exactly a dead place, if you wanna do a massive haul, can always go to Chester (1.5 hour on the train) or Manchester (2.5 on the train only 9 pound one way if you have a railcard and book it in advance).

Night life is not bad at all tbh, we got two nightclubs, one university one called Academi and another one called Peep (but I heard they are refurnishing and called Cube soon). There are LOADS of pubs tho, and the drinks are VERY CHEAP compare to other university place I went to, basically there's this place called the Harp and they do 1 pound shots and jaega bombs..and 1 pound pints on monday...

There is always something on, freshers are great and definitely join a society, on Wednesday its AU Night (Athletic Union), so if you are in a sport team, you will have your socials (a team bonding night out) on that night (most sports club) and its the best night in the week (for me). Monday is Cheese night (cheesy music, I thought it was cheese and wine...)

The uni itself is very welcoming and helpful, they offer LOADS of opportunity, workshop and help, lecturers are responsive, induction week and everything are very clear and informative, my only thing that I cant get used to is that you have to basically read everything in welsh and english. but thats obviously because its a welsh university, but everything is great, I had an amazing time there ngl, feel free to ask more!

Wow thank you so much!! Hahaha the drinks are cheap!! Which campus did you stay at? I looked round and love st Mary's, however didn't look at the other one. My only worry is that the law department is completely out the way of st Mary's campus so it's quite far and it's a very steep hill as well to be walking up and down after nights out and to and from lectures ! :frown: (I want a double bed haha!!!) oh I didn't realise you had to read in Welsh too! So what are lectures like? Do they speak in Welsh as well? Sorry so many questions!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending