The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
how do you know harry doesn't have powers that we don't know about along with voldemort- he is still coming through puberty and new things are being discovered all the time...

tis an interesting theory though...it might dissapoint some people
Reply 21
One of the powers which Harry has is the fact that he is loyal and cares about people. True it can sometimes be a downside, but it is a quality and a power which Voldemort doesn't have. I think that eventually this could be the difference b/w the 2 of them. Also, he does have 2 more years to get better.
I really cannot believe that Neville is the one. I don't think that in 2 years, Neville will be more powerful than Harry. Neville will probably play a big part though. So far it has been Harry who has been the bigger threat for Voldemort. Do you really think that Neville would have been able to hold off Voldemort as long as Harry did? Harry has very different qualities than Neville, and probably more qualities.
Certain Abilities I Have Observed In Harry Which Voldemort MAY NOT Know About.

1. Able to live without sticking out the back of someone's head or through a book or drinking snake's milk or stealing your foe's blood.

2. Able to stay wake during Dumbledore's talks

3. Able to upset girls with one word/sentence

4. Able to survive anything - (come on falling 50ft would kill you see book 3)

5. Able to stand living with his Aunt and Uncle (I'd be straight on the Knight Bus!)

6. Able to form werid friendships (a werewolf, a half-giant, a house-elf etc)

7. Able to get into trouble but come out of it better off
(book 1 - flying in first flying lesson without permission = seeker on house team. Book 3 falls 50ft off broomstick = gets a firebolt)

8. Able to walk into a bookshop and end up on the first page of the newspaper.

9. I'm running out of ideas.

10. Able to get blamed for magic outside of school which wasn't his fault. (Dobby)

11. Able to sleep talk (is that a ability?)

12. This is the last because 13 is a unluckly number.
Originally posted by ickle_katy
he will wake up and it'll all be a dream.

love Katy ***

ps. harry potter is the most rediculas waste of money i have ever seen, talk bout christmas being comercialized- u "fans" are stoopid.

People like you were told at too early an age that there was no such thing as Father Christmas. Have a little fun, pour yourself a stiff drink and kill that incredible bug that you have up your a$$.
Reply 24
Before my prediction for Harry, I must say sorry to Harry's life. Harry has no choice before his born. The prophecy decides his destiny, oh! Too sad.

The following are what I guess:
1. Harry realizes he could not hide from Voldemort, that is his fate to destroy the Dark Lord otherwise he will get kill. I think Harry will seriously learn the unforgivable curse and fight back though he do not want to kill people.
2. Harry will learn the Occlumency in Year 6 from Prof. Dumbledore.
3. Harry will play Quidditch with Ginny and Ron for sure.
4. Harry may turn down any dating with other girls or even Herminone because he knows he may die in the near future.
5. Harry may retake the exam of History of Magic in OWL.
6. Harry will learn more about the love story of his dad, mum and Prof. Snape.
7. More people will die.
8. In the end, Harry will say a final curse that even sacrifices himself to destroy Voldemort and save the magic world in peace.
9. Harry's scar will vanish when Voldemort disappearred.

Love to hear your views.
Reply 25
U reckon that Ginny will change position, as she was seeker last year, but obviously Harry will return in that position.
Also, I don't reckon Harry will retake the History of Magic exam.He will probably not do too well in it, but he doesn't need it for the Newts. This as well as astronomy? and divination will not be as important.
I reckon that Harry has aced his potions exam. If he hasn't, then McGonnagal will probably somehow talk Snape into allowing Harry to take potions NEWTS, and will tutor him as well.
I also reckon that Harry will go out with Ginny, not Hermione.
Probably there will be more anger from Harry (don't really blame him).
We will find out about Lily Potter's green eyes.
Will Harry be the heir to Griffyndor?
Harry will somehow die while destroying Voldemort (hope not).
Oh, and I hope we see a lot more of Fred and George.
Percy will realise what a prat he's been, and will be accepted back into the family, but maybe not by the other siblings.
Ginny wants to a chaser not a seeker so yeah I think no. 3 will happen.

Also no.2 will happen and Harry will serious learn it because of what happened in Book 5.

As for Ginny and Harry - no way. Ginny no longer likes him in that way, she likes Dean Thomas.

Harry and Hermione - possible but I think they will try to hide their feelings because if they went out, Ron would be left out. (unless threesome?)

McGonnagal will help Harry so that he can become what is wants to be. But McGonnagal will die - she's oldish and she's was ill because of 4 stunning spells which I think will weaken her.
Reply 27
I want Harry and Ginny to get together! I think that Ron and Hermoine will both eventually realize they want to get with each other as well. Yup I think McGonagall won't make it through the whole series :frown:..I don't want Harry to die! I hope that JK Rowling was just joking about that. I think Hagrid is going to be one of the next characters that die. Just a feeling. Plus, there is definitly going to be more with Snape, and I HOPE something about Sirius [I'm still sad about his death *sigh*..if only it could have been someone else]
Originally posted by rachelina*
*sigh*..if only it could have been someone else]

Someone like Snape?
Reply 29
Originally posted by a_musical_gal
Someone like Snape?

noooooooo- he may be nasty, but i reckon he has a really major part in the story- why does dumbledore trust him? snape has to be the guy we love to hate, even if he is on the goodies side.
Reply 30
Wasn't Snape ODIOUS in Book 5. Ooh there were times when I just wanted to rip his head off. But nah, I agree with lou I think he's going to be a major part of 6 and 7. I actually figured it was going to be Hagrid just because of that interview the actor playing him gave, saying that JK Rowling had prepared him for Hagrid's death. Hai. He probably got paid to say that.
When did Robbie Coltraine (One day I'll learn to spell) say that Hagrid will die?

Maybe he does in either 6 or 7.
IS it just me or the wizard girls are switching from one guy to another like they change their robes.... Cho with Cedric, then harry, then micheal and Ginny with micheal then dean and so on.... thats weird... isn't it ?
ahahah, read that folks... it's one of the stupidest sh*t i have ever read about harrypotter, lol, it doesn't even make sense

http://www.net-cities.com/cgi-bin/HyperNews/get.cgi/harry_potter/9.html?nogifs

notice that Alannia (whatever...) is the daughter of Sirius and Dumbledore's wife (btw, she died before giving birth to her daughter... ya, of course...) and he also says that Alannia is the daugter of dumbledore and her wife.... riiight, she's the daughter of 2 Griffindors and is the Ravenclaw phoenix (whatever...).... anyways, just check it out, it's hilarious
Reply 34
When did Robbie Coltraine (One day I'll learn to spell) say that Hagrid will die?

Before the release of Book 5, I saw an interview of Robbie (actor of Hagrid) wondered about the rumors of Hagrid's probably dead in book 5. Thank god, Hagrid didn't die in Book 5, but maybe later???
About the whole Neville thing I agree it would be an interesting twist but Voldemort himself did not attack Nevllle's parents. That was Bellatrix or whatever her name was. So Voldemort wouldn't have been the one who marked him. In the prophecy it said Voldemort himself would mark him. i think the power Voldemort knows not about will be Ron, Hermione, and the rest of those who have stood by him. Just thier love and unfailing loyalty to him. Lily's love for Harry had alot to do with saving him as a baby. Plus Voldemort couldn't posses him for long because of it.
Plus Dumbledore said that is something that Voldemort does not posess. Don't you think she might have been giving us a hint?Also in Azkaban Dumbledore also said that by saving Pettigrew's life he created a bond between them which he might one day be grateful for. Which is also a quality that Voldemort does not posess. Voldemort would have killed him on the spot. I'm not sure whether or not Harry will die but if so I think Voldemort will too. If not I think one of his friends either Ron or Hemione will sacrifice themselves for him. That will be the power Vodemort knows not is thier love and loyalty for Harry because of harry's bravery and that they know he would do the same for them. That is what saved him last time and that's probably what will save him the next time. Or maybe Lupin or Dumbledore will. Actually Dumbledore said that caring for harry too much was his undoing somewhat but what if its what saves Harry's life in the end and gives him the protection and the power he needs to kill Voldemort.
Reply 36
Yeah there is still the aspect of pettigrew owing Harry his life. I've always wondered when Dumbledore's words about him will come true, and I'm guessing that as yet it hasn't. So maybe this will also play an important part. In the end I do reckon that the quality which will beat Voldemort will be love, cos that's one thing that Voldemort doesn't have. Maybe in the end someone will have to sacrifice him/herself. I hope it's not Lupin. I really like Moody in this book as well, but I hope that Lupin remains alive in the end, and features a lot in the future books. Who else do you reckon might die in future books. I'm sure that there might be 1 or 2 other major characters dying, Maybe there might be a major fight at the end, where the Order and Harry and his friends fight the Death Eaters. Neville kills Bellatrix, and others might die in the battle. Then maybe Harry's friends insist on coming with Harry to help him kill Voldemort (Dunno if he'd let them). I dunno, there are loads of possiblities as to how Harry can kill Voldemort.
Reply 37
Didn't Robbie Coltraine he was not down to do book 5 of the movie (yet), or something like that, which apparantly strengthened the rumours that Hagrid was dying in book 5. But I guess that he was too obvious a choice. I didn't ever think that the person who died was gonna die, cos thought that he was such an important person in Harry's life, and rightly so, Harry was devastated. I wish the death not been like it was. It was a lousy way for him to die.
harry will eat shit like 90% of the pple do
About the who will kill Voldemort thing i think it could have been Harry or Neville who could've killed him but the one who would kill him would be harry since voldemort passed on his some of his powers to him (e.x. Parseltongue) but if he would have triedto kill Neville, the same thing would've happened except the series would've been called Neville Longbottom instead.

Latest

Trending

Trending