The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
That might not really be true. It probably all depends on how Nevilles's parents would have reacted. I mean there's always the chance that his mum could have jumped in front of Neville to protect him. But this also might NOT have happened. Harry survived the Avada Kedavra curse because his mum risked her own life to save his. This is how Harry was marked as Voldemort's equal, and this is how some of Voldemort's power's had been transferred. Also, don't forget that Neville wan't exacly equal to Voldemort in the first place. Harry is the one who is half-blood like Voldemort, not Neville.
Originally posted by Xenon
That might not really be true. It probably all depends on how Nevilles's parents would have reacted. I mean there's always the chance that his mum could have jumped in front of Neville to protect him. But this also might NOT have happened. Harry survived the Avada Kedavra curse because his mum risked her own life to save his. This is how Harry was marked as Voldemort's equal, and this is how some of Voldemort's power's had been transferred. Also, don't forget that Neville wan't exacly equal to Voldemort in the first place. Harry is the one who is half-blood like Voldemort, not Neville.

If Voldemort had attacked Neville's parents then Neville would be "the boy who lived" instead of Harry. That prophecy thing could have been right about two boys - Neville and Harry.

Meaning if Voldemort attacked the Longbottoms, Neville would have the scar and everything.

The way Neville parents' reacted wouldn't matter because of the prophecy.
I hadn't thought of the half-blood thing i guess i forgot.
1. Umbridge will die.
2. Snape will be DADA teacher.
3. Ron and Hermione date.
4. Harry and Ginny date.
5. Harry finds he never knew Dumbledore, just Wormtail using Polyjuice Potion.
6. Lily WAS a death eater.
7. Fleur teaches Potions.

I'm not done reading it all, YET. I'm only on chapter 15.
Reply 44
When's Fudge gonna die? That guy bugs me so much. The most buggin people in the book are Umbridge, Fudge, Percy and Cho. I mean come on, it takes a right old idiot to turn against his own family like that. Percy had known Harry for years, and he goes and stabs Harry in the back. I actually thought he was an ok person in the previous books. Hopefully he'll get a chance to redeem himself. He seems a little power hungry; a bit like a certain Wormtail.
Reply 45
I gotta agree with Katy on this, as I really don't see the attraction of a childs book, which isn't even that good, to so many millions of otherwise reasonable and normal people, like whenever I go on the train, I always see people reading Harry Potter, be they 12 year old kids, or 50 year old business people. I don't see the attraction, and there's no way it deserves all the hype its getting!!

Phil
This is directed to "Harry Potter" with all due respect, how can you be reading book six if she hasn't even finished writing it yet?
Reply 47
Originally posted by PHIL
I gotta agree with Katy on this, as I really don't see the attraction of a childs book, which isn't even that good, to so many millions of otherwise reasonable and normal people, like whenever I go on the train, I always see people reading Harry Potter, be they 12 year old kids, or 50 year old business people. I don't see the attraction, and there's no way it deserves all the hype its getting!!

Phil

There's bound to be some that don't like it but just because it's a book children are able to enjoy doesn't mean adults shouldn't either. Perhaps it doesn't deserve all the hype it's getting, but the advertising is not what gets me reading it (pretty much all the merchandising/films etc just make me cringe)...it's a good series- you've got to admit there must be something about the books that caught the publics eye in the first place...there are bound to be those who don't enjoy it but I hope that those who slight it have read atleast the 1st book through...
Well, I have it. I was at the grand opening in Britain for the Order of the Phoenix and everyone had a humungus contest. J.K. Rowling hosted it. The winner would get Book 5, 2 hours early, and a personal surprise from J.K Rowling. I won, and she shook my hand. Then at the party at 11:30 she told a secret to me that she wrote 2 copies of Book 6, and gave me one. She said I knew more about Harry then she did! So, I've been reading Book 6. I'm not allowed to disclose the name of the book, although I can post spoilers! Any questions, ask ME! I finished it last night! It is long.
Reply 49
I agree with Egan1. I started reading the books a little late, before the forth book came out, so I'm actually lucky in the fact that I missed quite a lot of the waiting inbetween the books I actually didn't know too much about them, but I thought that I'd give them a go. There were some people who had already read the book, and some who hadn't. From the moment I read the first book, I really enjoyed it. Admittedly, I didn't like the second book as much as the others. It was actually really interesting to see people try the book after ages, and then admit that they really liked them. And many of these people are now reading or are gonna read the 5th book. It doesn't matter how old you are for reading the book. Loads of people in my year were really excited about the latest book, and were annoyed about the wait for the book due to exams. People who I thought wouldn't like the books like them, including my older brother, who doesn't actually read many books. He read the first 4 books in a short while, and while was reading the 5th book whenever he could get his hands on it.
I don't know if the people writing comments about all the hype have read the books. If you haven't, then don't put down the book until you've tried it. The hype is just an extra which comes with a popular book. I don't care about it. Ignore the hype, and try the books.
Reply 50
I really don't think that J K Rowling has finished writing book 6 yet. True, she knows what is going to happen in the future books, but in a recent interview, she said that she had started to write book 6. Somehow, I don't think that she could finish it in the space of a few months. Also, she wouldn't be stupid enough to give it to someone way earlier than the book is released. She was so hush hush about book 5, I reckon she's gonna keep the plot of book 6 and indeed the book quiet until close to the release date when she'll release clues probably. So, keep dreaming about gettin book 6.
how about this?

neville kills that evil Lestrange woman that killed sirius

Voldemort kills neville

Harry gets pissed and kills Voldemort??
Reply 52
all this about voldemort dying - how do u know for sure that voldemort will die? he might be banished again, althought i do think the prospect of writing a 8th book might be a bit silly. For the sake of argument though i will say that i think voldemort and harry will both die - but dumbledores phoenix may come to the rescue and save harry with the healing tears. I mean after all isnt the book called the order of the phoenix?
its already saved him before at the end of book 2, who says history will repeat itself?
Reply 53
the thing about killing though - how are harry and neville going to learn the killing curse - i mean to kill voldemort it might have to be one heck of a curse - harry couldnt even perform the cruciatus curse on bellatrix properly, does this mean that harry and neville are both going to learn death curses?
one thing i find intresting though is it never mentions whether dumbldore can perform the killing curse - if he cant then why shud voldemort fear him? just a theory :biggrin:
good point, but i think its because when Voldemort was still Tom, Dumbledore was the only one who ever suspected him, so i think he never got over that and feels that he's constantly being watched.
It might sound childish but remember, harry potter is a child book, so i think harry cannot die. in the end, it should be voldemort that dies, aiight, maybe what skinny said is possible, but harry can'T die. just think about it, imagine all the children crying over harry's death....
for those who like mangas, take this example, in the serie Rurouni Kenshin, book number 24 i think, the writter killed Kaoru, one the most important characters. fans didn't take it and sent treathening letters to the writter, they said that they would boycott his work and persue him in justice (sorry for my bad english), so the writter had to re-edit the book in order to make Kaoru livre, he had no choice since the readers were getting mad.
Maybe J.K.Rowlings feared something like that so she can't make harry die.
Well i think Harry will survive in the End.... anyways, we'll see, in ... 5 or 6 years when book 7 come out, :P

cya
Originally posted by Mr.BigBasilisk

Well i think Harry will survive in the End.... anyways, we'll see, in ... 5 or 6 years when book 7 come out, :P

J.K has already started Book 6 and she wants Harry out of her life. So it won't be long until 6 is out.

Personally, I don't blame her. If I became that famous, I wouldn't like people coming up to me while buying tampons! (or condoms!).

She also had a baby which required some time. Did you expect her to be writing a chapter while pushing - though that would explain Harry's pain (lol!)

And IF J.K wants Harry dead - then she can murder him. She created him, she can kill him.

I would however like to see Harry fall in love with a talented musican who can play 3 instuments, seeks employment and thinks Percy is a git. She'd have brown hair, be about 5 ft tall, brown eyes and could find rooms where she and he could spent time together alone (like Percy did!). Only Joking!!
I have it. Ask me any question about book 6, and I'll answer. BTW, a_musical_gal, that signature is kinda odd, and weird...
Reply 58
I doubt you are telling the truth 'Harry Potter'. And as no one (including yourself I believe) has the 6th book (a big part of this pressumption being that it is not yet finished!) why would the information you have offered us from it be trusted?

Blah...

Lies all lies

*sigh*
Reply 59
I disagree with Harry Potter, I think that signatures kinda cool, as for the actual books, I don't see the whole attraction to it.

Phil

Latest

Trending

Trending