The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i dont think there is much point in discussing it, jk always keeps everyone on their toes bout the books. I think itll be something really unexpected that no1 thought of.
Reply 61
JKs already said that no-one has guessed how they end, although apparently 1 or 2 have come close. i think this means thatit's going to be an obscure ending, otherwise someone would have got it by now.
hurry up 6th book...can you imagine the excitement before the 7th??? it's going to be unbearable!
I cant wait till the 6 th book comes out, im going to devour it. I hope we find out more about harry mother, rumor is she was a death eater, i hope that gets cleared in the next book.
Originally posted by Harry Potter
I have it. Ask me any question about book 6, and I'll answer. BTW, a_musical_gal, that signature is kinda odd, and weird...

What is wrong with it?
Reply 64
I like it, but where did you get it from, solely out of curiosity.

Phil
I got the words from my brain

The pics are from My Smilies

You can as get these cheeky fellows there too

(you may need to highlight them to see what they are doing)
Reply 66
cheers
Phil
5. Harry finds he never knew Dumbledore, just Wormtail using Polyjuice Potion.

I just noticed this now, but in book 2 when they brew the polyjuice potion, Hermione clearly states that it only lasts one hour. Dumbledore has been around Harry, not to mention the entire school (meals) for more than one hour at a time.
sorry i didn't qoute right. Im new at this.
Reply 69
good point - but who says he didnt do what professor moody (or shud i say crouchs son) do what he did and drink it while at meal time? moody(polyjuice crouch) managed to fool harry for a whole year before blowing his cover, so who knows?
I totally agree with PR!
I have alos been thinking about it and I've come up with the same answer to what happens in future HP books.
Neville will become an important character. The prophecy was about him and he will be the one to kill Voldemort.
Voldemort was an orphean and I guess you could say Neville is too so Voldemort marked him as an equal.
In the end Neville will save the day by killing Voldemort when Voldemort is aiming for Harry and not paying any attention to Neville. Then both Neville and Voldemort will die, leaving Harry to a new life as a normal boy in the magical world. Harry hates being famous, right? This is how Harry gets rid of some of his fame!

I can't belive more people haven't spotted this. It's so obvious!

/Nils
Reply 71
I really don't reckon that Neville will be ABLE to defeat Voldemort. Who has had the experience of of evading Voldemort? Do you reckon that Neville would even stand a chance when faced with Voldemort? I reckon not! True, Neville is improving, but how would he in the space of 2 years change from being an average wizard who has a great heart, but is not the most powerful wizard, and who is also clumsy (see book 5), to someone who can defeat Voldemort.
No, I reckon that Neville's destiny lies elsewhere. True, I think he's going to be important in the next few books, but I reckon that that will go as far as Neville avenging Bellatrix.
We still do not know where the Potters got all that money from. I hope that J K Rowling clears that up in the next book.
When will the next book come out? Any ideas? Can't wait for it to come, but I hope that J K Rowling starts the book with a bang unlike the previous book. I hope that Harry can finally experience having a family of his own, and I hope that that is with Moony. I want to know what is the deal with Lily Potter's green eyes. There is a deal I'm sure, from what J K Rowling has said.
Reply 72
yes, one still thinks of nevville as a hapless fool
What I think would be a really good ending is if JKR did what whoever wrote sherlock holmes did; in that story, the esteemed detective is pushed of the edge of a waterfall, we do not find out what happens to him (as far as I am aware), if the alturistic JK ended book 7 with harry and his friends lying motionless after being cursed or something it would leave one hell of a suspense, and an oppertunity for her to amass another god-knows-how-many millions with HARRY POTTER AND THE WHATEVERSTUPIDNAMESHEGIVESTHISONE.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much sense I have made, as I am half asleep :smile: coffee time!

PS Harry needs to get in there with Hermy, but I reckon Ron will becauase JK says in book 5 that "they always are arguing like an old couple"

Thats my $50
Yes but there is the fact that Dumbledore is telling Harry all sorts of stuff, important stuff that Voldemort doesn't even know. Like the prophecy and what was in it. If it realy was pettigrew or whoever, i dont recall. He'd tell Voldemort and also try to kill Harry since thats what voldemort would want him to do. Just a thought
I don't think that it will be Neville that is the person they are talking about in the Prophecy. Even though his parents went up against Voldomort 3 times, and he was born at the end of July. I think this because if Harry dies (or even if he doesn't) and Neville kills Voldomort, then that will take away the whole point of the book and series. HELLO! The book is called HARRY POTTER in case you haven't noticed!
I don't think that it will be Neville that is the person they are talking about in the Prophecy. Even though his parents went up against Voldomort 3 times, and he was born at the end of July. I think this because if Harry dies (or even if he doesn't) and Neville kills Voldomort, then that will take away the whole point of the book and series. HELLO! The book is called HARRY POTTER in case you haven't noticed!

-Eric-

P.S. My AIM name is Lilfool09
Originally posted by stockamolla

I can't belive more people haven't spotted this. It's so obvious!

Firstly...you are not the only one to have made this suggestion and secondly, you do not know it will be correct- JK will doubtless come up with something no one will expect...
Reply 78
Oh and ...that last post was me :smile:

oops
Reply 79
I seriously doubt that J K Rowling will put Neville being the one who the prophecy's about. It is such a popular suggestion. The ending will probably come as a major surprise to all of us, except perhaps one or two in the whole world, who would have somehow guessed what the ending is. I have a feeling that many suggestion we make are waaaaaaaaaay far off.

Latest

Trending

Trending