The Student Room Group
Reply 13220
Have anyone read an editorial on the later death of Ron in mugglenet.com... Even though it's so sad... but the writing is really good, logical, small details were taken into account and I have to say it sounds pretty presuasive as well, give it a look alright.
So if the editorial is then turns out to be the truth... Ron will die and Harry will win over Vodermort... would u guys want it to happen?
HmMmMmMMmmm...well there are SooOOoOoOOoOOOoOOoOO many theories- some pretty good and some downright idiotic :rolleyes: . I dont really have one but one thing Ive been thinking is that although Dumbledore is definitely dead [JK confirmed it herself], wouldnt he be in one of those portrait thingys that all the other dead headmasters/mistresses of Hogwarts are in in his office? And wouldnt that mean that he could still communicate with the outside world, especially Harry and co? Or did I miss a part in the book saying that he wouldnt come back in any form, portrait or otherwise? Also, I dont think Harry will die but maybe he'll lose his magic after killing Voldemort and become a normal "Muggle".. :s-smilie: I think a bloodbath is likely in the last book...mainly the Weasleys and perhaps Prof. McGonagall, Hagrid, Snape and Pettigrew [him because I remember something about someone saying (in book 3 I think) that when one wizard saves the life of another, a special bond forms between them...something like that anyway!] Lol - in any case, the most important thing Im hoping for is that the book comes out in the holidays because I know someone WILL blab :mad: I cant WAIT! LOL :biggrin:
JK rowling wouldn't dare kill of her main character!
or it could be his friends..
Reply 13224
88 thousand members. 88 THOUSAND? The hell? d must be pretty pleased.

It's been ages again since I've been on. Still big into HP though of course, but my main interaction with it seems to be through fanfic at the moment.

QI last night had a divination theme (not HP specific) and Steven Fry was dressed up- it made me wonder, as he obviously did a fantastic job of reading the audiobooks, whether he'd actually like to be in the films. He might make an interesting Slughorn.
Reply 13225
I like fanfiction as well. In fact, i have become more and more interested in Ron as a character, and enjoy reading fanfiction about him. Actually, Fry would make a good Slughorn. His look seems right.
By the way, hi Megan, great to see you again.
Reply 13226
Great to see you're still around too Xenon! Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year etc.

Just checking up on Amazon and saw that they have the new book up for sale-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000818XA0/ref=amb_link_38177965_1/202-4331346-5354263

I've obviously been out of the loop as I didn't know they'd confirmed a title.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ey? Looks like I need to do some rereading of 1-6 again.
Reply 13227
love your avatar egan1, is that suske?
Reply 13228
Will Dumbledore come back as one of those portaits?

I love the 7th book's title; it's so dark and spooky.
Reply 13229
I think everything we need to know about the final book is hidden in the six that came before it. Maybe even as far as the date that it will be released.

Mugglenet found this in OOTP Recall in OOTP: "...at the solstice will come a new... and none will come after..." At the winter solstice, a new title will be revealed, but as this is the last book, no more will be released. The 21st of December was the winter solstice. I think JKR has hidden many more clues like this in the book... it's just up to us to find them :wink:
Sorry, I'm afraid that the big threads rule now applies to threads with more than 10k posts. This means that any threads with a post count greater than that needs to be locked in order to improve site performance. This doesn't mean that you can't discuss it some more; a new official discussion thread (mk II :wink:) is absolutely fine.

Perhaps if you sit tight for Xenon, she can do all her modly jiggery pokery. But I'm afraid this one needs to be locked. I'll leave it as a sticky until Xenon has a chance to sticky a new thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending