The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I meant interview wise, congrats on that.
Reply 41
What? You already have your BMAT scores! I have to wait 'til Friday for mine! :frown:
Reply 42
I really can't stand this waiting now that some people already know their results! Does this mean all schools/test centers now have our results? If so i'm gonna go ask for mine tomorrow.

BTW well done everyone.
omg 6 in the essay..i thought my essay was way better than that...
Reply 44
Liar
Does this mean all schools/test centers now have our results? If so i'm gonna go ask for mine tomorrow.

I was wondering this. I'm going to ask tomorrow, and if they say they don't have them yet i'll be like "oh they must come tomorrow then, wasn't sure what date".
Reply 45
TaChYcArDiA
omg 6 in the essay..i thought my essay was way better than that...

Dude, it's done and over. It is not the score you wanted but it's done now, not much you can do about it.
Reply 46
I can't actually wait til my results cme out. I would be so happy if I got anything >20.
yeah, me too... I'm gonna give them a ring tomorrow... I hope they're good. essay's gonna blow though, but I don't really care about that
Cataclysm
Dude, it's done and over. It is not the score you wanted but it's done now, not much you can do about it.

i have no other purpose of posting here other than to say how much your avatar ROCKS.

:rolleyes:

>.>

&& well i'm maintaining that the unis have our results now, there's nothing that we can do to change whatever it is that we've got ... in a way I think I'd rather not know until after my Cambridge interview, so at least I'm not going in thinking "arghargharghi'mrejectedalready" lol.
Reply 49
I'm gonna love explaining the logic I used in Section III to the interviewers ... :biggrin:
Reply 50
W41337
meh a bit lower than what I wanted (20)...

Section 1: 5.1
Section 2: 5.6
Section 3: 7.5 (i'm going to assassinate the person who gave me a 6!)

18.2 overall....

I've heard that even though Oxford interview blind of BMAT results they do take them into account when giving out offers.. If that is the case I probably have the lowest BMAT result and won't get an offer so I will just be going to the oxford interview for a laugh... lol meh..

Always hope for UCL later I guess....

Don't complain, at least you know Oxford are giving you an interview!....
How did you guys get your results? I'm straight to the exam guy in the mourning!!
Reply 52
im kind of happy that i only applied to one BMAT uni and got rejected by them already, so dont really care. saying that, im curious to how i performed and why i got rejected.
malaz_197
im kind of happy that i only applied to one BMAT uni and got rejected by them already, so dont really care. saying that, im curious to how i performed and why i got rejected.

Thats the tactic. Try and spread your risk as much as possible. With UKCAT you can't really spread the risk as most uni's want them...BUT BMAT uni's place quite some emphasis on your score. It would be stupidity to apply to 3 BMAT uni's. Hence apply to one to be safe or two if your feeling confident.
Reply 54
section 1: 4.9
section 2: 5.9
section 3: 10.5

iv heard sumthing bout ucl not interviewing if u dont get 5 5 9...is that true?
You can prepare for the BMAT quite a lot. There's one guy from school who did apply to 3 BMAT universities, but he started his prep a month before the exam and was working solid until then, and it's reflected by him getting around 25. From what I can tell, most people doing it don't prepare for it anywhere near as much as they know they ought to.
Reply 56
kp0813

You might still get an interview, but they interview everyone with them scores first.

From UCL Website : a total BMAT score of 19 with scores of at least 5.0 in both sections 1 and 2.
Reply 57
kp0813
section 1: 4.9
section 2: 5.9
section 3: 10.5

I didn't apply there, but AFAIK that's just the threshold for a *guaranteed* interview - I am almost certain people get interviews/offers with less... and yours is only *just* below the section 1 boundary.
Reply 58
hardrada got 30.2 :O - thats insane
Reply 59
Vazzyb
hardrada got 30.2 ..........................

......................................................................................................

Uhm ye I wasn't gonna post that here 'cos that would be a really twattish thing to do (as you said earlier).

I think interview is probs as important anyhow.

Latest

Trending

Trending