The Student Room Group

How many free periods do you have?

I just got my sixth form timetable and I've never been happier! It turns out that on Mondays, I will only have one lesson after which I can go home and every other day is a half day because I have no lessons in the afternoon.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your sixth form let you go home? I have two lessons on the Monday morning and I have to spend 4 hours in silent study after those lessons.
Original post by erxci
Your sixth form let you go home? I have two lessons on the Monday morning and I have to spend 4 hours in silent study after those lessons.

I have a similar situation. I don't have any lessons until 2pm but I've still got to get to school for 8:30 :frown:

But overall I have 11 free periods a week.
YOOO, you man are lucky i have one free period per week. I'm actually happy tho, i know for sure that i wouldve been messing around in those lessons :u:
I'm doing Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Chemistry
In all, I have 8 total frees (6 are genuine frees, 2 are 'supervised revision' sessions where you revise what you want)

On Tues and Weds, my school day in essence ends at 12:30 (however on the Tuesday I have to come back at 3 to do 1 hour of Maths in the Twilight After School Period).

Perks? On Friday, my school day doesn't start until 11:30 first lesson, this means I get to sleep in, on Friday.
Cons? To compensate, for some reason they gave me QUADRUPLE maths on the Thursday, so Period 3, 4, and 5, and then the afterschool period 6.

It's ok
I think 3 a week.
Original post by Sean16
I just got my sixth form timetable and I've never been happier! It turns out that on Mondays, I will only have one lesson after which I can go home and every other day is a half day because I have no lessons in the afternoon.

So many. At AS I did 4 a levels and an EPQ and only had a few free periods a week. I've completed my EPQ and dropped down to 3 so now I have 12 free periods a week. I can go home but obviously A2 year and an Oxford application will be a lot of work so I'll be staying in to do extra reading, work and preparation. I used most my frees for work last year and came out with all A's.
I feel so blessed because I've never experienced so much free time at college, I was so used to being stressed about barely having any frees.
None, in effect, because I'll have to use them all for my fifth A-level :/ joy...
about 3 hours and a half's worth a week.
12 in a week but I have Further Maths after school.
15 or 14 over 2 weeks :smile:
23 over 2 weeks, but will have to revise for bmat and do EPQ work in this time....
Non because I can just go home as I live near the sixth form.
Plus my sixth form has 3000 people altogether so they can't really enforce any rules.
14 per week (50 minute sessions)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 8 hours a week:smile:

How much of your frees are you guys going to spend studying?
12 x 50 mins, or 10 hours a week
Original post by erxci

Original post by thegalaxy
I have a similar situation. I don't have any lessons until 2pm but I've still got to get to school for 8:30 :frown:

But overall I have 11 free periods a week.

I have no lessons on fridays due to the way my free periods fall and i still have to go in for the whole day!
I have basically an afternoon free a week, and a period (one hour) free on the other days C: although there are some days teachers would extend the lesson if they wish. 😪
I'm taking 3 A-levels and I have 12 a week, half are supervised study periods and half are free periods. I have two days where I have one lesson and 4 hours of free periods in a row :smile:
Only started college last Monday,and I'm loving my timetable because I don't have too many lessons one after the other (crammjng) if you get me?😅
it's Like,i got Sociology A-Level at 8.55am until 10.25am on a Monday,and then a longgggg free period until 1pm:wink:.
On Wednesday,I only have this one lesson and then nothing until Thursday morning🤗😝.
Friday is my long day,beginning at 10.40am until 4pm and i have all three of my A-Level lessons on Friday with lunchtime in between my Sociology lesson(my sociology lesson is split into two sessions,45 mins before& after lunchtime).
I will be spending my free periods in the library or in the Café studying//revising because I want good Grades😄.(sounds boring but I have like.....next to NO friends.only like 2?).

Quick Reply

Latest