The Student Room Group

cardiff.....meanies

Has anyone else heard back from cardiff yet? I had my interview on the 28th November and heard yesterday I was unsuccessful.

I'm not impressed. I have good grades from AS, good predicted grades (AAA) and the interview went well. We talked for 45 minutes!! I was able to answer all but 2 or 3 of the hundreds of questions he asked me, and the 45 minutes flew in as we got on really well!

I really don't understand what went wrong?!
Ouch, that's unlucky.

Grades aren't everything in pharmacy i guess. It's how you answer questions too, like, if you put the emphasis all on education and how a pharmacist should be professional and nothing about teamwork and being able to empathise with patients, it's lacking the clincher :frown:

You could always ring and ask why you were unsuccessful
I had an interview on the 28th November too, I must have seen you! I am predicted ABB in my A2's and have got an offer for ABB! You should ring them like the other person said! Did you really want to go there? And who was your interviewer?
Reply 3
At the end of the day they have lots of applicants and cant accept them all. Did you have a good PS with lots of RELEVANT work experience and extra-curricular stuff?
Reply 4
i think you should ring them up cos i was predicted AAB and got offered ABB and i don't have any pharmacy related work experience and stuff, it might be a mistake. also was your ps about just pharmacy or are you medicine applicant etc?
Reply 5
cardiff said they dont look at your as results, and if you're a medicine applicant they may not think you have the motivation for pharmacy as it's not what you really want to do. i would def ring up! x
Reply 6
daniellepharmacy08 did u have 2 fill in this sheet? i saw other people filling one in but i was never given one so im wondering if it was important?

recneps i am extra-curricular queen! i do so much in and out of school!

and i am not a medicine applicant! the motivation is all pharmacy! always has been!

thanks for the suggestions guys but i dont really want to phone up, at the end of the day they dont want me! their loss! i didnt really like cardiff anyway! just didnt get any other rejections nd was hoping not to get any!
Reply 7
that's cool, the sheet was probs a questionnaire of how the day was x
Reply 8
Does anybody know what kind of questions they ask at Cardiff Interview?
Reply 9
woops made a mistake
Reply 10
Woah, Cardiff sound like they are up their own asses. Come to Manchester, I'm sure you'll be welcome here. :biggrin:
Reply 11
lol i have an offer from manchester!

Latest

Trending

Trending