The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Last Summer's Dream
I feel sorry for the people applying next year for 2009 entry/2010 deferred reading this to find out when offers were given out. They'll have so much 'rubbish' to read through. Aha.

Finally had my application sent off today! I just hope Luffs get back to me first. I don't want to see the inevitable rejections I'm going to get from the other 4. Hmm. I need to start planning a gap year.

Haha...soo all (quite a no. of) our posts are 'rubbish' then? :p: I beg to differ. :biggrin: It's true though, the 2007 thread was soo much more about...well, applications, offers...etc.

And good luck to your appy!
silver_charm
Haha...soo all (quite a no. of) our posts are 'rubbish' then? :p: I beg to differ. :biggrin: It's true though, the 2007 thread was soo much more about...well, applications, offers...etc.

And good luck to your appy!

We're all just so brilliant. This thread should be acredited by a university.
smoosabitmega
We're all just so brilliant. .

This is exactly what I think. hehe... y'know, I was just pretending to be humble. :wink:
And...does that mean we are smarter than the 2007 applicants? * looks around nonchalantly*
Last Summer's Dream
I feel sorry for the people applying next year for 2009 entry/2010 deferred reading this to find out when offers were given out. They'll have so much 'rubbish' to read through. Aha.

Finally had my application sent off today! I just hope Luffs get back to me first. I don't want to see the inevitable rejections I'm going to get from the other 4. Hmm. I need to start planning a gap year.

I think we're a much more close-knit-in-our-desperation group than last year:wink:
eyecandy
sorry, being stupid, what d'you mean?

thanks to Beetlebum for the congrats!

It was a joke. You know identity theft? I was thinking I'd steal your identity and then go study English at uni by pretending to be you:biggrin:
Woops.
This is the thread I meant to post on...

Bristol offer - English and Philosophy - AAB :smile:

It's great, it's pretty much my top choice.
Congrats :smile:
I've applied to:
Oxford (St. Hilda's)
Durham
Warwick
St. Andrews
KCL

I'm soooooooooo worried I'm not going to get ANY offers :frown: anyone else had offers from these unis? I know Warwick have started dishing them out.

At least I haven't been rejected yet... right?!
Charlotte_Heart_NYC
I've applied to:
Oxford (St. Hilda's)
Durham
Warwick
St. Andrews
KCL

I'm soooooooooo worried I'm not going to get ANY offers :frown: anyone else had offers from these unis? I know Warwick have started dishing them out.

You've applied and you've not done your ASes yet?

Good luck :smile:
I want an offer lots too!
And Oxford and Durham haven't given out offers.
Don't know about KCL or St Andys.
Reply 389
anyone on here applying for postgrad?
i'm still in the anxiously-waiting-for-my-professors-to-finish-references stage of applications. but i'm just as desperate as you to get this whole process over with!
Reply 390
:moo: <--- the cow has come from all your top choice unis to offer you all an unconditional offer!

:frown: I wish there was a magic cow.
I only just discovereed this thread!

I'm applying for English ( joint with history but english is well better!)

At Swansea, Cardiff , Aber, UWE and Southampton.

Good luck everybody!
Reply 392
Charlotte_Heart_NYC
I've applied to:
Oxford (St. Hilda's)
Durham
Warwick
St. Andrews
KCL

Ooh, finally somebody applying to do English at my college.:biggrin: Good luck!
Reblet
:moo: <--- the cow has come from all your top choice unis to offer you all an unconditional offer!

:frown: I wish there was a magic cow.

You do make me smile Reblet!

The cow successfully alleviated the sheer terror that seems to consume me most days,if only for a little while.
Reply 394
Matthew2007
It was a joke. You know identity theft? I was thinking I'd steal your identity and then go study English at uni by pretending to be you:biggrin:

:biggrin: I thought you meant that but then was like "damn... how arrogant would it sound if I assumed that..." so thought I should check!

Thanks for the compliment (I think) :smile: I think I have been pretty lucky through getting my application in early and also doing English and French which is less competitive. Good luck with all your offers!
Yup I have done my AS's just not changed my signature thing!

Hobnob = I originally put in an open application because I literally couldn't decide which college was the best but I'm really glad I've been assigned to St. Hilda's, it seems really great!
Reply 396
#emo# Why?! Why?! I need to hear from a place beginning with Dur and ending with a fairly economical meat. #emo#
Reply 397
Reblet
#emo# Why?! Why?! I need to hear from a place beginning with Dur and ending with a fairly economical meat. #emo#

Durpork?
Reply 398
gahhh..nearly all my friends have at least one offer (none are doing English but still).
Starting to lose hope here :frown:
Freyfrey
gahhh..nearly all my friends have at least one offer (none are doing English but still).
Starting to lose hope here :frown:

with results like yours,if your personal statement was any good i would say you don't have much to worry about. It's just a horrible horrible waiting game

Latest

Trending

Trending