The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reverie.
I don't really know, but you could have a read of last year's applicants/decisions thread (the third sticky on the English sub-forum) to see when they got offers etc.

Hahaha, I just came here from doing just that:redface:
Great minds think alike :wink:
It's really probably a little sad of me...I think I'm stressing too much.

Seems Durham made a lot of offers in November and December. There were a few from Edinburgh, and I think one from Bristol.
Do you reckon post A-level applicants get offers/rejections sooner for some unis?
Reply 81
I've applied for English Literature at:
Oxford (Exeter)
Edinburgh
Durham
Bristol
Sheffield

They're pretty much in order of preference, though Durham/Bristol are about the same. Already had an AAB offer from Sheffield though, which is great!
nosnibor
I've applied for English Literature at:
Oxford (Exeter)
Edinburgh
Durham
Bristol
Sheffield

They're pretty much in order of preference, though Durham/Bristol are about the same. Already had an AAB offer from Sheffield though, which is great!

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 83
Matthew2007
Congratulations :smile:

Thank you! :rolleyes:

Good luck to you, and to everyone else applying!
My final decision is in my sig. Sent it to my referee today. It won't get sent off for a while though seeing as it's half term. Soooooo nervous. I would be really happy at any of those. Not so much Loughborough as I know I am academically better than that. My choices are a bit risky as I doubt I'll go to Luffs if that's the only place I get in. But, there aren't actually that many places I'd be happy to go to.
Last Summer's Dream
My final decision is in my sig. Sent it to my referee today. It won't get sent off for a while though seeing as it's half term. Soooooo nervous. I would be really happy at any of those. Not so much Loughborough as I know I am academically better than that. My choices are a bit risky as I doubt I'll go to Luffs if that's the only place I get in. But, there aren't actually that many places I'd be happy to go to.

Well good luck getting in somewhere you'll be happy. A lot of us English candidates are in the same miserable position:wink:
Reply 86
Matthew2007
Hahaha, I just came here from doing just that:redface:
Great minds think alike :wink:
It's really probably a little sad of me...I think I'm stressing too much.

Haha, yup - have to admit I've read the whole thing too. :p: Hey, we're on a gap-year; we have time for such [sad] things...

Matthew2007
Seems Durham made a lot of offers in November and December. There were a few from Edinburgh, and I think one from Bristol.
Do you reckon post A-level applicants get offers/rejections sooner for some unis?

Possibly...s'pose we'll soon know! November-December is quicker than I thought Durham might be, that's good. ;yes;
Matthew2007
Well good luck getting in somewhere you'll be happy. A lot of us English candidates are in the same miserable position:wink:

Damn, English. :rolleyes:

I have actually seriously considered doing a less popular degree.. But, no. I'll give English a go. I expect I'll be one of those taking a gap year next year though.
Reverie.
Haha, yup - have to admit I've read the whole thing too. :p: Hey, we're on a gap-year; we have time for such [sad] things...

Possibly...s'pose we'll soon know! November-December is quicker than I thought Durham might be, that's good. ;yes;

I gave-up reading around mid-December...decided that it would be too depressing to see people waiting till January just to be rejected:eek: I think I might squeeze in a couple more months some time this week though :rolleyes:
Last Summer's Dream
Damn, English. :rolleyes:

I have actually seriously considered doing a less popular degree.. But, no. I'll give English a go. I expect I'll be one of those taking a gap year next year though.

See I'm one of the idiots who managed to get brilliant offers for Politics last year, but decided I would reject them all and try English instead:rolleyes:

Good luck :biggrin: I'm sure you'll get a place at at least one of your choices, if not more, and gapyears aren't too bad either:biggrin:
Reply 90
Matthew2007
I gave-up reading around mid-December...decided that it would be too depressing to see people waiting till January just to be rejected:eek: I think I might squeeze in a couple more months some time this week though :rolleyes:

Ah, I did the hardcore sit-down-for-a-whole-afternoon-and-read-the-whole-thing-right-till-the-bitter-end thing. Some people disappeared never to post again; I'm nosy about where they ended up, haha.
Matthew2007
See I'm one of the idiots who managed to get brilliant offers for Politics last year, but decided I would reject them all and try English instead:rolleyes:

Good luck :biggrin: I'm sure you'll get a place at at least one of your choices, if not more, and gapyears aren't too bad either:biggrin:

Haaa and Politics is the other course I've considered!

Yes. Lets hope so. You too! :smile:
Reverie.
Ah, I did the hardcore sit-down-for-a-whole-afternoon-and-read-the-whole-thing-right-till-the-bitter-end thing. Some people disappeared never to post again; I'm nosy about where they ended up, haha.

I did exactly the same. Actually, I think I've done it about 3 times. It made me feel queasy seeing people get rejected from unis I'm desperate to go to.

Hah. Next year when we're all sat at great unis doing English we can read back through this and laugh at how nervous we were :biggrin:
Reverie.

:eek: Please don't mention the word...*whispers* ...clearing...
Last Summer's Dream
I did exactly the same. Actually, I think I've done it about 3 times. It made me feel queasy seeing people get rejected from unis I'm desperate to go to.

Hah. Next year when we're all sat at great unis doing English we can read back through this and laugh at how nervous we were :biggrin:

See I reckon you've done it the right way then :biggrin:
Even if you have a bitter experience this year and are forced to reapply, if you want you can reapply for Politics and get five shiny offers:biggrin:
The way I did I rejected the offers...and now I'll be rejected myself :frown:
Heyyy, congratulations to everyone who's already been made offers. :smile:
My choices are in my sig. It's so nerve wracking waiting for replies! :frown:
Last Summer's Dream

Whoa I agree! I've just gone through the 2007 offer/ rejection thread and noted down when the universities I've applied to give out decisions. Ah I have a lot of time on my hands! :rolleyes:
AAB (including A in English Literature) offer from Sheffield today for Q306. My app was sent on the 10th of this month. Eek! :biggrin:
Reply 98
tambourine
AAB (including A in English Literature) offer from Sheffield today for Q306. My app was sent on the 10th of this month. Eek!

Congrats! :biggrin:
tambourine
AAB (including A in English Literature) offer from Sheffield today for Q306. My app was sent on the 10th of this month. Eek! :biggrin:

Congrats!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending