The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Third place is way better. Hell yeah. :p:
I just got a letter from Goldsmiths asking for a portfolio :smile:. it can be two short stories or a novel extract or six poems, or some combination... I think I'll go for the six poems thing! Exciting, anyway, and I've now heard at least something from all of my universities.
Reply 1182
I personally think that being near the bottom is the best. Shows that I'm actually reading stuff, rather than on here talking about reading stuff. :p:
You're just jealous 'cos we can multitask :wink:. Not that I'm that near the top, but still...
Actually, I clearly read more and thus have more books to talk about here :wink:

That Goldsmith thing sounds fantastic!
Reply 1185
tambourine
You're just jealous 'cos we can multitask :wink:. Not that I'm that near the top, but still...

Literature should be given your undivided attention, though :p:
Reply 1186
It's not the quantity of your reading, it's the quality of your thoughts. :smile:
Pff, undivided attention is overrated :wink:.

The Goldsmiths thing is pretty ace, I'm looking forward to putting together my portfolio. I have a couple of poems up on the net so I'm trying to work out whether to leave them out of the thing or not? I think so, probably.
tambourine, you are making me jealous for not having applied to them! I would love to show some uni, or just SOMEONE my lovely poems.
Reply 1189
I did something similar last year for UEAs creative writing course - it's great fun. I got an offer too :smile: But ... I decided I didn't want to go down that road quite yet.
Reply 1190
I wish I'd applied for that joint. Sounds amazing... Although if I get into UCL or Durham for English I won't care a stuff about what I wish I'd done or not done. Oh pleeeaaaase reply to me oh-great-and-holy uni Gods. Eek.

We should have an English applicant poetry thread!!!
Haha! Yeah, you should have applied :wink:.

Out of interest, have any of you entered any competitions like FYP or Christopher Tower or anything? The Christopher Tower theme for this year should be announced soon, I'm getting excited because I am a massive geek.
Reply 1192
Entered the Christopher Tower last year. Did alright, but not a top 5 winner :smile: You can have a look if you want.
Reblet
I wish I'd applied for that joint. Sounds amazing... Although if I get into UCL or Durham for English I won't care a stuff about what I wish I'd done or not done. Oh pleeeaaaase reply to me oh-great-and-holy uni Gods. Eek.

We should have an English applicant poetry thread!!!

Sounds like a terrific idea!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Though of course, being the discreet and private person that I am, I will post anonymously, under the username silver_charm.

And I've decided not to utter any prayer of desperation to any uni. I will go in search for my His Dark Materials instead. I can't find them anywhere. Melanie is not a happy girl right now. :frown:
I was in the top 40 (or 30? Something) for Christopher Tower this year, but I was one of the three runners up last year, so next summer I should be going on the summer school thing that they run. I was meant to go on it this year, but I was too young :frown:
Reply 1195
Charlotte Geater?!

Good knowledge :smile:
Hi :smile:)) I'm so glad to have found this thread, I've been lurking for a while... anyone else applied to Liverpool and going to the Open Day next week? Got a quick question about the appointment with the professors they schedule for you - does this mean an informal interview? If it does... um... :eek:

Ally x
Haha, oh my god! There goes any attempt at anonymity :wink:.
Reply 1198
As you've already got a conditional offer from Liverpool, then I guess whether or not it is an interview doesn't matter :P:
tambourine
Haha, oh my god! There goes any attempt at anonymity :wink:.

We know what you did last summer.

Latest

Trending

Trending