The Student Room Group

can unis see your other unis/choices?

i'm really sorry if this has been started before, searched through and can't find anything like this.. if there is, just link me and close the thread :smile:

anyway, can unis see what other unis you've applied for? i didn't think they could but one interviewer recently mentioned something about me applying to x course at y uni and i was a bit surprised he knew to be honest. he seemed to have it all in front of him on the application form they get.

i don't suppose it's a big deal really but i'm just curious now. i wouldn't expect ucas to disclose this kind of information for some reason.
Reply 1
They dont see your other choices unless you have applied to another course at the same uni.....
he probably found out some other way
He's reading this thread, right now.
Reply 3
They only can when you've replied to offers.
Thats odd. No, they're not supposed to know.
Reply 5
that is funny ! :biggrin:
i mean really.
UCAS tells us that the uni's dont see where else we've applied.
but how do we REALLY know??
Reply 6
Well, they don't know because when I went to Bath Uni, two admissions tutor had the gall to ask me where else I had applied for.
Reply 7
that's odd then. maybe i'm being stalked, oh no, etc
Uni's are not supposed to know where you're applying but they often do.
UCAS does not pass on this sort of information but sometimes Uni's information share and send each other details of applicants so they can find out who has applied where. It's sneaky but it is said to happen!

When my school called up Bristol last year about a pupil who had not been given an offer and wanted an explaination the Uni made it evident they knew all 5 of her other choices. Very fishy if you ask me...

Latest

Trending

Trending