The Student Room Group

asian parents control my clothing

ok hi so my parents are asian and like most asian parents are strict and some aren't and unfortunately mine are strict and I still love them but like I hate this

so I can't wear jeans and skirts and all that so I have none which is so depressing and sad

like my mum makes me wear those asian dresses and I hate them and she thinks wearing jeans is too revealing which it's not

and im worrying rn bc if I go to college I wanna be normal and not someone who dresses from the 19th century

and im scared of my mum and if I ask her to buy me jeans she'll scream at me and say they're disgusting

any advice? :frown:(
Reply 1
If your Mum wants you to be modest then find modest western clothing like eg Midi skirt with a long sleeved tshirt with sneakers .
Reply 2
With the midi skirt wear legging or opaque tights as well
Reply 3
Or if your Mum really wants you to wear Asian clothing then wear it but cover it with those long gown cardigans which look nice
Original post by unkn0wn01
ok hi so my parents are asian and like most asian parents are strict and some aren't and unfortunately mine are strict and I still love them but like I hate this

so I can't wear jeans and skirts and all that so I have none which is so depressing and sad

like my mum makes me wear those asian dresses and I hate them and she thinks wearing jeans is too revealing which it's not

and im worrying rn bc if I go to college I wanna be normal and not someone who dresses from the 19th century

and im scared of my mum and if I ask her to buy me jeans she'll scream at me and say they're disgusting

any advice? :frown:(

Tell her that as everyone is getting older they develop their own styles and tastes in clothing and there is nothing that can change that,Tell her that you want to be like everyone else that are allowed to express their styles by wearing what you want (You can also talk to her about the holes in the jeans you can compromise and say you will get same holes in the jeans)

Hope it works out xx

Latest

Trending

Trending