The Student Room Group

The Duke Of Edinburgh's Award's Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TKnightrider
Was at Blahh but you too now ^^

nahh i dont want to be a leader or anything...barely made it myself (lack of map/ landscape co-ordination in the pouring rain i think :biggrin:)

its great fun though! ill definately finish it in uni i think...

we did all our expeditions in the brecon beacons....well known for dodgy weather...the one day we had rain, snow, severe gales, sleet, hailstones and sunshine!

i wanted to do a horse riding trek for silver final expedition....but no one would come with me :frown:
Reply 21
The breacon beacons. Brrrrr. Were off to Arran this summer. I don't like the look of the hills. Horse riding. I ride and I would do it with you ^^
Reply 22
TKnightrider
The breacon beacons. Brrrrr. Were off to Arran this summer. I don't like the look of the hills. Horse riding. I ride and I would do it with you ^^

looool it wasnt the cheapest option either...despite the fact i would have been able to 'aquire' horses to take from a few mates :p:
Reply 23
hehe 'acquire' some horses. Ye you've got to consider hay, straw and food. Its all extra work ^^
Reply 24
When TSR confirms my soc, would guys like to join?
:yep:
Reply 26
i did gold a few years ago - we were supposed to go to arran, but it was too costly, so we went to the north yorkshire moors instead, heartbeat country!!! :smile: We did exploration too - expedition seemed like too much hard work!
Reply 27
sugar_cane
:yep:

Excellent ^^ :wink:
I've almost completed my bronze and I am gonna start my silver in the summer. Where did people do their walks/expeditions.
Reply 29
~Kirsty~
i did gold a few years ago - we were supposed to go to arran, but it was too costly, so we went to the north yorkshire moors instead, heartbeat country!!! :smile: We did exploration too - expedition seemed like too much hard work!

Wow thats so cool. North Yorkshire's my land ^^ Where abouts did you go. Gouthland, Kildale, Moors? Lol all the bracken and blooming sheep :P
Reply 30
wizard710
I've almost completed my bronze and I am gonna start my silver in the summer. Where did people do their walks/expeditions.

I went into the North Yorkshire Moors for my Silver and Arran for Gold this year. Where are you planning to go?
Reply 31
TKnightrider
Wow thats so cool. North Yorkshire's my land ^^ Where abouts did you go. Gouthland, Kildale, Moors? Lol all the bracken and blooming sheep :P

Can't remember exactly! lol! It was around 4 years ago! I think we started in goathland aka Aidensfield, and went towards the sea, and then back... a big circle. Went through some woods.... don't really remember! Yep - tons of sheep!
Reply 32
~Kirsty~
Can't remember exactly! lol! It was around 4 years ago! I think we started in goathland aka Aidensfield, and went towards the sea, and then back... a big circle. Went through some woods.... don't really remember! Yep - tons of sheep!

Lol ye i know where you mean. How was the weather lol?
Reply 33
It was actually brilliant, went in april, and it was scorching hot, didn't need the fleeces or jumpers we brought - and we even got sunburnt!!! oooh, watch out, we saw grass snakes when we were there.
Reply 34
~Kirsty~
It was actually brilliant, went in april, and it was scorching hot, didn't need the fleeces or jumpers we brought - and we even got sunburnt!!! oooh, watch out, we saw grass snakes when we were there.

ZOMG this is freaky we went in April too and guess what?? It was hot. We had to use all our sun lotion ^^. Grass Snakes :p: heheh so none in the tent ehh?? One of our members spilt meths all in the tent :banghead: Luckily the leader had a spare
Reply 35
We had way too much meths!!! Our leader made us empty our bags before we went cos she said they were too heavy - we said we could manage - and we did!
Reply 36
Ye my leader was going :angry: your bag is too heavy empty it. I didn't cos i needed everything in it and i walk 95% fine :smile: Good to hear you did well on yours.
Finished me bronze, doing silver in the Peak District this Summer.

How many nights is silver? Any other differences to Gold?
Reply 38
Overground
Finished me bronze, doing silver in the Peak District this Summer.

How many nights is silver? Any other differences to Gold?

Hey nice one. Ok well silver is 4 days and 3 nights and gold is 5 days and 4 nights but also a residential trip for 5 nights ^^ The peak district should be good
TKnightrider
Hey nice one. Ok well silver is 4 days and 3 nights and gold is 5 days and 4 nights but also a residential trip for 5 nights ^^ The peak district should be good

Yeah tis the closest mildly adventurous walking area to us, is nice as well. 3 nights? Our bronze was only 1 night, was this right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending