The Student Room Group

what are some of the biggest events that have happened in the past 12 months?

I need some help to think of some of the biggest events both internationally and nationally
So far I've got:
Brexit
BoE raising interest rates
Trump and Kim Jong Un
Manchester Bombings

I need some help to think of some more headlines.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can't believe you forgot the Grenfell tower fire, that's the biggest incident in London this year
Reply 2
Or the Westminster attack
Grenfell was like a massive thing, a national tragedy on a level with Hillsborough and 7/7 but now sadly everyone has forgotten about it because the victims were mainly all poor and ethnic minorities. 😥
jack maynard gets thrown out the jungle
Reply 5
What about international events?
Reply 6
Original post by Drummer001
What about international events?

Japanese missile scare from North Korea?
Reply 7
Trump wiretapping scandal?
Original post by TheTree0fDeath
Grenfell was like a massive thing, a national tragedy on a level with Hillsborough and 7/7 but now sadly everyone has forgotten about it because the victims were mainly all poor and ethnic minorities. 😥

I don't think everyone has forgotten about and if they did I don't think that's why the majority who have forgotten about it forgot it. Moronic post tbh
Royhinga muslims crisis, literally a genocide going on there whilst everyone is worried about Donald Trumps twitter.

Nice race baiting, you utter mong.
Original post by Mikasadoge
I don't think everyone has forgotten about and if they did I don't think that's why the majority who have forgotten about it forgot it. Moronic post tbh

It’s never in the news anymore and you have to wonder if 71 people were killed in a rich neighbourhood in esher, wouldn’t there have been more sympathy?
Original post by Drummer001
I need some help to think of some of the biggest events both internationally and nationally
So far I've got:
Brexit
BoE raising interest rates
Trump and Kim Jong Un
Manchester Bombings

I need some help to think of some more headlines.

Tottenham beat Real Madrid 3-1 and came first in their Champions' League Group.
Original post by Chaz254
Nice race baiting, you utter mong.

Ok admittedly maybe it wasn’t a race thing as much as it was a immigrant and poverty thing. I stand corrected.
It’s never in the news anymore and you have to wonder if 71 people were killed in a rich neighbourhood in esher, wouldn’t there have been more sympathy?

No, people with more money would have just died, and also it too would stop being in the news after sometime.
Kem and Amber won love island

You're thinking about it too much lol if you want something to chase, how about why they died? rather than the fact that they were killed and not in the news so much.
Reply 18
Sabbath's final world tour.
Original post by Potato456
Kem and Amber won love island

Kem and Amber broke up :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending