The Student Room Group

is warwick or lancaster university better?

i'm trying to pick an insurance uni so what is your opinion...
Reply 1
A lot of people will say Warwick (as it ranks among the top 10 in the UK), but it really depends on the course in my opinion. I go to Warwick, so I would say Warwick too, but as it turns out, some people don't like/enjoy it here.
overall warwick for sure, but the question you got to ask is what subject you are going for
Reply 3
Original post by HangeeTw
overall warwick for sure, but the question you got to ask is what subject you are going for

What makes you say, Warwick? Rankings?? Lancaster is at par with Warwick when it comes to rankings. Student satisfaction, indeed Lancaster is better. Teaching: Lancaster is better as it got the recent gold medal in the teaching excellence framework, leaving Warwick with a silver medal. On what basis then are you stating facts? I would suggest you back up your answer objectively.
Reply 4
What makes you say, Warwick? Rankings?? Lancaster is at par with Warwick when it comes to rankings. Student satisfaction, indeed Lancaster is better. Teaching: Lancaster is better as it got the recent gold medal in the teaching excellence framework, leaving Warwick with a silver medal. On what basis then are you stating facts? I would suggest you back up your answer objectively.
Original post by zel38

Nobody considers Lancaster on the same level as Warwick. Probably best to factor out student satisfaction as the values are relative. The worst uni for SS are London ones, and most of the students are satisfied - but since scores are relative, they get hit in rankings

Lancaster is also above King's, Edinburgh and was higher than UCL for a time

Yet the latter three are often preferred. A uni that gives out unconditional offers to sway candidates who wouldn't normally firm it can't be that high in one's books.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
been involved on accreditation committees and research quality output and what you are stating does not speak to what I am discussing. Who told you Lancaster gives out unconditional offers to sway candidates? on what basis are you generalising? do you have evidence. for your info all three unis you mentioned also give out many unconditional offers. If you think also that teaching is not an indication then you could also question an entire framework that was produced recently, costing the government a hefty budget.
Original post by Epitype
A lot of people will say Warwick (as it ranks among the top 10 in the UK), but it really depends on the course in my opinion. I go to Warwick, so I would say Warwick too, but as it turns out, some people don't like/enjoy it

Original post by zel38
been involved on accreditation committees and research quality output and what you are stating does not speak to what I am discussing. Who told you Lancaster gives out unconditional offers to sway candidates? on what basis are you generalising? do you have evidence. for your info all three unis you mentioned also give out many unconditional offers. If you think also that teaching is not an indication then you could also question an entire framework that was produced recently, costing the government a hefty budget.

You go lancaster yourself mate

Quick Reply

Latest