I'd help, but I'm the one doing the study with you :p:
Reply 2
:eek: Wow really? lol
Reply 3
linzi4
:eek: Wow really? lol

:rofl:
Reply 4
This is a desparate plea PLEASE HELP!! We really need the names of other researchers who've studied semantic encoding in the LTM.

:sw:Cooro:sw:
Reply 5
Linzi, I don't think anyone's going to reply:frown:
Reply 6
Oh, i hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 7
linzi4
Oh, i hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!

*laughs* it happens sometimes. I mean, at this time of day there probably aren't that many people online. It's just our luck that all the offline ones are psychology students... :hmmm:
Reply 8
This is getting silly now lol!!! We're sat next to eachother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 9
linzi4
This is getting silly now lol!!! We're sat next to eachother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So? that's the fun of forums ^^
I'll go have a look through my old psych book and see if I can find something..
Reply 11
GodspeedGehenna
I'll go have a look through my old psych book and see if I can find something..

Aww, thank you! :biggrin:
I've got something here about a study performed by Craik and Tulving in 1975, in which participants were given 21 questions, each of which focused on a particular word in the question that had to be remembered and recalled later.. The questions themselves were designed to be either semantic, rhyming or structural. They found that the semantic words were remembered the most.

This supported Craik and Lockharts "Model of Memory" as it shows that when information is processed more deeply, as it was with the semantic questions, it is more likely to be stored in LTM as opposed to forgotten. The model also goes on to say that memory is a by-product of information processing.

Thats all the info my book has, im afraid.. Try googling Craik and Tulving and see what you find on the net.
Reply 13
Thank you so much! That's a big help. I will google those researchers and see what I find, but thank you very much for helping us!
Cooro
Thank you so much! That's a big help. I will google those researchers and see what I find, but thank you very much for helping us!

No worries!
i've done something simular for my coursework, i've done Bower and Karlin (74) he did semantic encoding but with faces
Reply 16
Rivendale1991
i've done something simular for my coursework, i've done Bower and Karlin (74) he did semantic encoding but with faces

Thanks, do you know what book I could find that in?
Reply 17
Thanx for your help, everso kind of you! will research this one on net. x
Cooro
Thanks, do you know what book I could find that in?

i think there was something in Angles of Psychology
my teacher gave me the idea i will find a website i used to do the coursework
Reply 19
Rivendale1991
i think there was something in Angles of Psychology
my teacher gave me the idea i will find a website i used to do the coursework

oh okay, thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending