The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i think 1 or 2 i had to guess because i didn't understand what the word in the question meant or in the answer. I have the ****ty problem of not getting words when they are written down but if someone said it to me i would get them.

Yes you two are beasts of men, possible women.
Reply 2
ToxicMuppet
i think 1 or 2 i had to guess because i didn't understand what the word in the question meant or in the answer. I have the ****ty problem of not getting words when they are written down but if someone said it to me i would get them.

Yes you two are beasts of men, possible women.

I had about 5 questions like that, and I totally forgot everything.
I thought it had gone horribly wrong, and I input some cringeworthy answers...

didn't expect to get 27.

I expected about 20-24.

Then I HOPED I'd got < 20, so that I wouldn't regret not applying for Law.
Reply 4
Greatleysteg
I thought it had gone horribly wrong, and I input some cringeworthy answers...

didn't expect to get 27.

I expected about 20-24.

Then I HOPED I'd got < 20, so that I wouldn't regret not applying for Law.

Why did you decide not to apply for Law?
brightxburns
Why did you decide not to apply for Law?

well it just seemed as though EVERYONE was applying for law, so I though that it would be really really competitive, plus the fact that I don't want to totally give up languages would mean Law with Law Studies in Europe, be it France or Germany.

And I wasn't confident enough that I'd get into ANY of the unis I want to go to, never mind Oxford.

Plus it was the fact that over 2/3 of people who do a Law Degree don't use it in any way.

But I'm stupid, and should have applied anyway. Law is the perfect degree for me, languages alone aren't academic or stimulating enough, and I already know I want to go into Politics and in particular Foreign Affairs, so the Law degree would be appropriate.
Reply 6
Greatleysteg
well it just seemed as though EVERYONE was applying for law, so I though that it would be really really competitive, plus the fact that I don't want to totally give up languages would mean Law with Law Studies in Europe, be it France or Germany.

So, what are you going to do now?
brightxburns
So, what are you going to do now?

Grovel and see if Oxford will let me change course :P
If not, then I'll have to stick it out and so a postgrad or second undergrad in Law.
Reply 8
Wow, a thread with my name in the title! I'm blushing :biggrin:

Seriously, I think this form of assessment suits me quite well. However, I did sit it last year, so I have had practice at the test already. Who knows what everyone here would get in a year's time with a year's more study and a year's more experience? A year is a longer time than I would have believed.

Congratulations to everyone for their results, no matter what they were. :tsr2:
Terrafire
Wow, a thread with my name in the title! I'm blushing :biggrin:

Seriously, I think this form of assessment suits me quite well. However, I did sit it last year, so I have had practice at the test already. Who knows what everyone here would get in a year's time with a year's more study and a year's more experience? A year is a longer time than I would have believed.

Congratulations to everyone for their results, no matter what they were. :tsr2:

To think Worcester college admission tutors sat there with both our applications (27 vs 16).....- - no wonder i didn't get in lol!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending