The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

MSc Diagnostic Radiography Interviews 2018

Hi there!

I applied to MSc Diagnostic Radiography at QMU this year and they have invited me to an interview in March. I asked them if there were any information or any guidance they could give me to prepare the interview (I know some Unis tend to give papers to read and some sort of idea of what to expect on the day)

Unfortunately at QMU they don't give much information and I'm a bit scared of what to expect, mainly because I don't know what would they ask.

Is there anybody who got enrol in this course last year and remember how was their interviews? Any clue on how tough they are with questions regarding Radiology papers, for example?

Any info will be greatly appreciate it!!.

Alba G :biggrin:
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Original post by Alba11
Hi there!

I applied to MSc Diagnostic Radiography at QMU this year and they have invited me to an interview in March. I asked them if there were any information or any guidance they could give me to prepare the interview (I know some Unis tend to give papers to read and some sort of idea of what to expect on the day)

Unfortunately at QMU they don't give much information and I'm a bit scared of what to expect, mainly because I don't know what would they ask.

Is there anybody who got enrol in this course last year and remember how was their interviews? Any clue on how tough they are with questions regarding Radiology papers, for example?

Any info will be greatly appreciate it!!.

Alba G :biggrin:

Hi i have also applied for diagnostic radiography at QMU, i am not sure what QMU are like but i have done an interview at RGU in Aberdeen and what we did was, for the group interview we were split into different groups at 3 tables and were given newspaper and tape and were told to build a structure at least 1 meter tall, [I highly doubt they care if you actually build anything, they just want to see if you can work in a team] then we were split into pairs and asked to treat a patient who had fell and hurt her arm, the personal interview was after and it was very informal, it was all about the roles i thought i played in the group interview and things like how i think i would deal with the change to student life away from home, i spoke to students in QMU and they said it was the exact same thing the did
They will ask simple questions about what you like doing and some things about your working
Reply 4
Hi there. I also applied for the same course as you and have an interview coming up. How was your interview and did you get in?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
What did people wear for their interview?
Reply 6
What did people wear for their interview at RGU?
Reply 7
Hi Murs94, I did get in, the interview was quite informal with only an individual interview with 2 people (normally the lead of the course and a lecturer). Although there is no specific reading or things to prepare, be aware that they can bring to the table specific questions regarding Radiography. To me, (I think because they were a bit concern that their previous attendants didn't have much knowledge about this profession) the lead of the course asked me how would I perform a radiographic examination of a hand or a foot. I was able to answer that question because I have worked in the radiography department before.After that question we went straight to talk about finance haha. With this I want to say that it is very important that you gather as much knowledge as possible regarding conventional radiography, you never know what they could ask.
Reply 8
Original post by becca471
What did people wear for their interview at RGU?

I wore black with smart shoes, not heels but clothes as if you were to a normal professional interview.
Reply 9
What did people wear to their interview ?

Quick Reply

Latest