The Student Room Group

Is it allowed to be on your test for over 90 minutes due to traffic

I just want some views here I failed due to undue hestitation not pulling out of a junction I mean it was manic the traffic was at a stand still over to the other side where I had to be and non stop traffic to my left and anyway 90 minutes later at the test centre I had to do my manuvoure still so there was only one space available very close to the fence but I did it yayyy I was so proud I had an awful morning or was 8.10 and there was a fatal accident at 7.30 unfortunately bless but that's why traffic was at a stand still everywhere but I'm confused as to when I have my next test in 2 weeks time if this happens again do I pull out if I'm sat waiting too long and risk it or do I wait until safe to do so I wad absolutely gutted as I thought I handled the whole situation very well I think she was a bit worried as when we finally got back to the test centre she said right I'm going to have to explain now why we are so late I mean really that was not my fault neither hers
Original post by Lizzy42
I just want some views here I failed due to undue hestitation not pulling out of a junction I mean it was manic the traffic was at a stand still over to the other side where I had to be and non stop traffic to my left and anyway 90 minutes later at the test centre I had to do my manuvoure still so there was only one space available very close to the fence but I did it yayyy I was so proud I had an awful morning or was 8.10 and there was a fatal accident at 7.30 unfortunately bless but that's why traffic was at a stand still everywhere but I'm confused as to when I have my next test in 2 weeks time if this happens again do I pull out if I'm sat waiting too long and risk it or do I wait until safe to do so I wad absolutely gutted as I thought I handled the whole situation very well I think she was a bit worried as when we finally got back to the test centre she said right I'm going to have to explain now why we are so late I mean really that was not my fault neither hers
Have you never heard of commas, full stops or paragraphs?
Reply 2
Original post by mphysical
Have you never heard of commas, full stops or paragraphs?

Nope
For you to have failed on undue hesitation you must have hesitated quite a lot. In busy traffic you do not really have much room for error as hesitation could create quite a backlog behind you. You just did your test at an unfortunate time and I am sure you will do a lot better next time when traffic is not as bad.
The minimum test time is 30 minutes, no maximum is set. So a 90 minute test, whilst unfortunate, is not grounds for appealing the test if that's what you were thinking.

Do what your instructor is telling you, they should be helping you with hesitation between now and your next test. Maybe deliberately get lessons at rush hour times so that you experience heavy traffic situations and how to deal with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending